Pixel Exit 2.0 Styles Update

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Russ, Dec 11, 2017.

1. Russ

Russ Designer

Little demo, still some more work to be done but I figure we can start showing. This demo has:

• Omni along with 4 variations (use the style selector in the footer or the sidebar for Omni specific colors)
    • Fusion Gamer
    • Core
    • Flat Awesome +

Reminder about Omni, it's completely flexible and comes with 5 initial main color schemes but you can change the primary accent color to anything you want. It's seriously a lot of fun to play around with to see what you can come up with.

We're setting up the official demo board, bare with us, old link removed.

Demo's restricted at the moment from doing certain things but if you have questions, please do ask.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
    Gamorreaner likes this.
  2. RobParker

RobParker Customer

How many template updates are typically needed for the styles?

The one thing tempting me towards some of the other styles being released is that they're doing it only 1 template edit which sounds like it'd make updating so much easier.

3. Redh

Redh Registered

I assume not much optimization has been done yet on the mobile version of these skins? I've not checked on desktop yet, but they don't look so good on mobile!

4. Russ

Russ Designer

Responsive tweaks are typically last, Omni is the better example of a little more polished version of mobile. The other styles logos/off canvas colors need tweaking.

Redh likes this.
  5. Russ

Russ Designer

We have 13 default templates edited, each has their reasoning and it's honestly just to push extra tweaks to certain areas. Now... to compare XF1 XenBase had around 80 default templates customized.

Keep in mind... we also won't disappear for 2 years and will actually push out updates to fix any issues unlike some you speak of :D. Updating is really far easier than a lot of folks make it out to be. Once we provide an update from our end the only outdated templates you should have are ones you've customized yourself. So... even if you get a style with 1 template edited you're still going to have outdated templates depending on how far you customize your style. Past that I just ask you put your faith in our support we've provided over the years.

I'll try to knock out a video on proper updating.

6. Cromulent

Cromulent Customer

One suggestion I would have is that sometimes you can upgrade Xenforo without having any outdated templates even if the styles you provide have an older version number. For instance I have Fusion Gamer 1.5.15 installed but I'm running Xenforo 1.5.16a and everything works perfectly. But when Xenforo released 1.5.16 I was unsure whether I needed to wait for an update for Fusion Gamer because it was still listed as 1.5.15. It was only when I asked here that I found out that there were no needed updates to the style.

It might be a bit easier if you just posted a quick announcement when Xenforo releases an update that does not require a style update so people don't hang around waiting for a new style update from Pixel Exit.

Either that or post an announcement that lists the templates that are modified by Pixel Exit styles so that we can compare that list with the list of modified templates in the Xenforo update release notes so that we know whether we need to wait for a style update first.

7. Russ

Russ Designer

I can try to think of something to display on the product page. The downside to doing something so generic is the fact that majority of forum owners do not upgrade every single release. From what I've seen the majority of them skip at least 1-2 versions minimum just to avoid extra work.

I typically post if an update doesn't require an update but to be fair it's usually nowhere official, maybe customer support area here. I'll work on a better system and I'm always open to suggestions.

8. Jaidyn

Jaidyn Customer

Wow, thanks for being awesomely helpful, Russ! Have you given any thought to renaming yourselves PixelAwesome.com? *hides* :p

Steve likes this.
  9. CarpCharacin

CarpCharacin Customer

There is a bug with Flat Awesome+ on my phone. I'm using the latest version of Chrome for Android.
    Screenshot_20171221-211027.png

Russ likes this.
  10. Russ

Russ Designer

Thanks, rolling out some patches over the weekend to adjust some of the responsive bugs.

CarpCharacin likes this.
  11. Steve

Steve Designer

Apex has been added to the demo board. :)

CarpCharacin likes this.
  12. Ruby

Ruby Customer

Yay I love you Steve.

13. Ruby

Ruby Customer

Umm yeah so when is Omni going to released so I can play with it on my site?
    5F9CDCC0-10A0-4652-A8A8-68C78C464CAC.jpeg

Russ likes this.
  14. VANUCCI

VANUCCI Active Member

Looks amazing, excited for the release

15. Russ

Russ Designer

The plan is still before the new year.... CRUNCH TIME!!!

16. Ruby

Ruby Customer

Well get on it Bob Cratchit you will be working Christmas Day. B7CA97A0-2A27-424B-80E6-6BF64B2C7073.gif

17. Russ

Russ Designer

I have my best assistant helping me:

giphy.gif

18. Ruby

Ruby Customer

19. Jaidyn

Jaidyn Customer

Good things come to those who wait . . . also, great things are worth waiting for. ;)

Carlos and Russ like this.
  20. Carlos

Carlos Customer

Lovin' what I see so far! :)

Let's work together on your next project

Contact us today to talk about how we can help you