Please use Privilege Key setup & Online Status

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by Daphonic, Jun 18, 2015.

1. Daphonic

Daphonic Member

I would prefer that uses get a Privilege key from their account settings on Xenforo, and need to paste it into TeamSpeak to get their Account synced up. Once they do that, I'd also like an Icon/group on the profiles when they are inside TeamSpeak or Online with TeamSpeak.

enjin.com uses the privilege keys, and it was easy.

Lemminator likes this.
  2. Senlar

Senlar New Member

I do like how the Enjin.com interface works and would hope for something similar. On Enjin you just have to be logged into the site and click on join teamspeak then some magic happens and your account is linked to your teamspeak through unique ID I believe.

3. Daphonic

Daphonic Member

yep agree 100%

4. Daphonic

Daphonic Member

Curious if you would be able to Add this as Sync option?

5. NixFifty

NixFifty Developer

So, I'm working on the syncing. Right now, I'm thinking of just making it all happen based on unique IDs. Anyone have any problems with that?

6. Daphonic

Daphonic Member

Explain what you mean by Unigue ID's?

How enjin Has their set up, You sign into our website, and bottom Right it would give you a PRIVILEGE KEY, that you would have to than grab and put into TeamSpeak syncing what ever account you had with the Forum handle you put the Privilege key on. The reason why this works well is due to the Fact, If you uninstall your TeamSpeak or go to someone else s house, you can log into the website, delete the OLD privilege key, this would take your old account off the Website, and create a new Key for you to than use.

7. NixFifty

NixFifty Developer

By unique IDs, I meant the one's that TeamSpeak automatically assigns to you when you first join the server. I think Privilege Keys would work better so I'll see what I can come up with, using them.

8. Daphonic

Daphonic Member

Have you checked out Enjin yet? Let me see If I can find a Community with the TeamSpeak Sync so you can see it in Action.

9. Daphonic

Daphonic Member

10. NixFifty

NixFifty Developer

I can get the gist of it from those screenshots and I think I have the basic sort of code in mind to achieve it. If you could find a site that uses it so I can take it for a spin and see if it's how I think it is, that'd be great. :)

11. Daphonic

Daphonic Member

I sent you PM, just reactivated my old account for a month, So you can see how it is.

12. NixFifty

NixFifty Developer

Thanks man, appreciate that. :)

13. NixFifty

NixFifty Developer

So, a bit of update of this. I looked in Enjin and how they do it. I tried to re-create something similar in XenForo utilising the API however the API has some limitations which are making it quite tricky to get it working similar to that. I'm still working on it but I can't see a possible way around it so I'm open to other ways of making a sync.

14. NixFifty

NixFifty Developer

I'm thinking of instead just keeping it to nicknames and if there's a duplicate in the TeamSpeak database, make the user enter their Unique User ID (kinda like two factor to make sure which ones they are and make sure who they are). Right now, that's most likely to work. Thoughts?

15. Senlar

Senlar New Member

it sounds like a terribly insecure way of doing it with nicknames. Isn't there a way to have the Zenforo user click on a link to create a privilege key then pass a ts3:// url with parameters to join the teamspeak with the key which would then associate it to their TS3 unique ID?

16. NixFifty

NixFifty Developer

There is no way to determine who used the key with the API or any of the libraries I've looked at.

17. Senlar

Senlar New Member

1. Generate a privilege key(token) for the logged in Xenforo user.
    2. Create a ts3server://url with parameters to pass the server IP, port, user nickname, and the token you generated in step 1
    3. Get the user to click the URL to create the link between their UID and the privlege key you created in step 1.

Review this post for some additional info.
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthre...hen-connecting-with-a-generated-privilege-key

18. Funar

Funar New Member

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of the privilege key option. There still needs to be a field in the TS database Xenforo can then use to perform ongoing sync operations from the point of activation onward. Many sites use the TS ID field for this purpose, and that would be my preferred method.

The sync process could then use Xenforo as the authoritative source for user and group information. If data exists on TS but not on Xenforo, you delete it from TS. If a record exists on Xenforo, but not on TS, you create it on TS. The same would go for group memberships.

This way, if a forum user adds/changes/removes their TS ID, the sync would just handle it.

19. Senlar

Senlar New Member

When someone joins with a privilege key doesn't it then associate it to their UID in the teamspeak database when they join with it?

20. Funar

Funar New Member

It associates their TS ID with the TS server. The issue I see is getting that TS ID back to Xenforo in a reliable manner in order to perform ongoing syncs.