TS3 Integration Product Roadmap

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Redh, Dec 10, 2015.

1. Redh

Redh Active Member

Hello again,

I thought it might be worth asking if there is any kind of a product roadmap for the TS3 integration add-on, as now that sales have been temporarily halted it may be a good time to take stock and review this. I must admit I bought the add-on "blind" and knew it wouldn't be working perfectly out of the box, but I thought I'd get some functionality out of it.

Of course everyone has different requirements, but something I always struggled with was to find good quality, brand-free website widgets for TS3. That would be my starting point for any product - to make sure that as a basic function customers can add an attractive, configurable widget that will display who is online in each channel on their server. This part of the script will work with any shared host, so everyone will get something from the script.

Once that is complete, you can start the user integration that you are working on now. I don't know much about this - I've not seen it working, and the details were sparse when I bought it. But based on what I could make out, it sounded pretty great to be able to give my forum members permissions on our TS3 server via the forum user groups rather than on the TS3 server itself. However I would understand if this required more advanced access to the TS3 server than most shared hosts would allow, and this can be a feature for those who can make use of it.

Finally, and this is probably something you are already looking at, you could either create your own TS3 server host yourself (if you have the ability to support it 24/7), or look for a partner who will do this for you with your software in mind on a commission basis. This would be a great upsell for your add-on, as I have already demonstrated that a customer would be willing to change their host to get the functionality of this script.

I hope this is useful - I'll be interested to read any other views and perspectives :)

NixFifty likes this.
  2. NixFifty

NixFifty Developer

Widgets were something we were looking in to but wanted to get the base syncing functionality ready. The add-on is at a point where widgets can be bolted on pretty easily so this is something I'll look in to for the next version, hopefully.
    Yeah, essentially the only people having trouble are the ones with more restrictive shared servers. The dedicated servers people are running have no trouble and this is the setup I'm using. Actively working on improving compatibility with different shared hosts but in some cases, it'll likely be impossible due to host restrictions.
    This is an interesting idea, something I'll give some thought to.

Redh likes this.
  3. NixFifty

NixFifty Developer

[​IMG]

@Redh, here's the most basic one. There will be more. :)

Lemminator, Ashley.S. and Redh like this.
  4. Redh

Redh Active Member

@NixFifty Awesome - I think having things like this which are highly configurable will be very popular. Ventrilo had good options for this, but for some reason the scripts are usually quite ugly or heavily branded for TS3. I hope this will be a very successful script for you :)

NixFifty likes this.
  5. Daphonic

Daphonic Member

I would love a Counter for people logged into TeamSpeak. So I could maybe make a Ranked system of icons to Give people.

So the Server records how many minutes a user is in TeamSpeak (not in the AFK channel) and if person hits 24 ours. They get Rank 1 and such. Something silly, but will promote people to chill in TeamSpeak more often.

Redh likes this.
  6. NixFifty

NixFifty Developer

@Redh, as promised, here are two widgets I've cooked up:
    [​IMG]

Both are highly configurable and have a ton of options. Widgets can be configured on a per-widget basis so each widget could essentially show the status and view of a completely different server. These will be bundled with the next update (version 1.1.0).

Lemminator, Ashley.S. and Redh like this.
  7. Redh

Redh Active Member

This sounds great! Will I be able to use this on any shared server, or is it tied in to fully connecting to the server like before? Also can I change the images? I can't wait - nice work :)

NixFifty likes this.
  8. Ashley.S.

Ashley.S. Customer

I can't wait for the widgets as it will mean that our community can finally get rid of the abandoned freebie edition that we're currently using since third party monitoring is ugly :giggle:

NixFifty and Redh like this.
  9. NixFifty

NixFifty Developer

This will work on a shared server though I need to do some tests against the one I purchased.

Also, do you mean the channel images? That is something I can look in to.

Redh likes this.
  10. Redh

Redh Active Member

Yes, the channel images - would be great if we can change those, the default are ugly :)

11. Ashley.S.

Ashley.S. Customer

I agree, the default channel images from the widgets are not the best and could be replaced with something nicer. Then again, they are the default from the TS3 PHP Framework soo...

12. NixFifty

NixFifty Developer

You guys know where I can find a pack of nice ones or something?

13. Ashley.S.

Ashley.S. Customer

I honestly have no idea, there might be some packs on http://addons.teamspeak.com/ that might have newer images to use within a skin or in the TS3 download itself :unsure:

14. Trekkan

Trekkan Member

Since there might be issues with repackaging someone else's images, why don't you guys (the customers), download a theme you like locally for your own TS, and then overwrite the images on your own servers? Then there's no copyright issues and everyone get's what they want.

Ashley.S. likes this.
  15. Redh

Redh Active Member

Yes, I'd be happy if we could create our own images :)

16. NixFifty

NixFifty Developer

Essentially I just wanted to see if there's a standard file naming convention that people follow so I can make sure the add-on supports that (or has support at least) so there's minimal work involved for the customer. The add-on will only be packaged with the default set that you see in my screenshots. :)

Lemminator and Ashley.S. like this.
  17. Redh

Redh Active Member

@NixFifty, what about something like this - would it be possible? Apart from the website logo, these are all Font Awesome icons:

teamspeak_widget.jpg

I'm sure others could come up with something even better, but this kind of custom layout would be really nice!

NixFifty, Lemminator and Ashley.S. like this.
  18. Redh

Redh Active Member

To add to the above, I'd also love it if there was an option to either list the names 1 line at a time, or comma separated. Once my guild gets going, we'll have around 30 people online at a time and it would look awful to have a list of 30 names running down the page :)

19. NixFifty

NixFifty Developer

This is pretty nifty. I'm guessing the channels would be collapsible? Could probably be feasible though I'd need to mess with it a little and see how it works out.
    That could be displayed as another widget and pretty easily too. Is there any other information you'd like displayed other than the names?

Ashley.S. likes this.
  20. Redh

Redh Active Member

@NixFifty Personally I don't mind if the channels are collapsible, although it may be nice to have an option not to display empty channels? This would probably be better.

I can't think of any other information to add really! I think something along the lines of the above, with listed names instead of names per line, and using simple Font Awesome icons which can be replaced with other graphics would be great.

Really looking forward to this - thanks for all your hard work :D