Product spotlight: Evolve & XenBase

Russ

Pixel Exit Staff
Welcome to our second product spotlight, this time we're including two styles!

Evolve
Evolve is a brand new advanced style that brings a modern look with multiple colors built straight into the style. Evolve functions similar to our Omni style where we let you pick from various color schemes and other options to dramatically change the overall appearance. Let's take a look! You can find a live demo here, I've configured our style switcher (lightbulb in the main navigation bar) to switch between all the variations! The screenshots do not do this style justice at all, please go check the demo!

Live demo

Brand new Canvas style which is included in all of our styles now.

Other color variations

Evolve comes with a few basic options that can completely change the look of the forum:

By lowering the opacity you can create a see-through look that applies to all the content blocks.

We also have built-in textures if you want to give the content some grit!

Evolve comes with the accent colors pre-coded in but you can easily set your own accent colors using a single property:

Of course, Evolve works with all of our XenBase functionality, such as adding a nice welcome banner.

Next up is XenBase! XenBase was our original framework from XenForo 1, when we set out to make styles for XenForo 2 we wanted another solid foundation and that's where this comes in! All of our styles we build start on the XenBase style, it allows you to create awesome styles very easily. You can find a demo here.

Both styles will be available for purchase very soon! Thank you, everyone.

Last edited:
Really great job with Evolve!

Before 2.1 was released I was planning on waiting for this skin to update to for a fresh new look. However since then I've gone ahead and updated with Core, and am really happy with how my site is looking.

Regardless I am going to purchase Evolve in part as a thank you for all your help over the years. I will definitely tinker with it and consider changing in the future, or possibly adapting an element or two into my existing theme (the new thread notification icon replacement is awesome!).

What a wonderful problem I'll have - stick with the awesome theme I have now, or switch to the new awesome theme you are releasing!! :D

Really great job with Evolve!

Before 2.1 was released I was planning on waiting for this skin to update to for a fresh new look. However since then I've gone ahead and updated with Core, and am really happy with how my site is looking.

Regardless I am going to purchase Evolve in part as a thank you for all your help over the years. I will definitely tinker with it and consider changing in the future, or possibly adapting an element or two into my existing theme (the new thread notification icon replacement is awesome!).

What a wonderful problem I'll have - stick with the awesome theme I have now, or switch to the new awesome theme you are releasing!! :D

It did take longer than I expected but I'm glad I took my time with it. Thank you for your kind words as always and your continued support!

It did take longer than I expected but I'm glad I took my time with it. Thank you for your kind words as always and your continued support!
Lookin' good so far. I see now what you were trying to do with that lil banner in navi bar.

Gorgeous theme. Simple yet slam-dunk in your face, if that makes sense. It creates a statement without making a huge splash. If I had to sum it up in a few words, I'd say: Simplicity at its finest.

Lookin' good so far. I see now what you were trying to do with that lil banner in navi bar.

I like to nitpick :D

Gorgeous theme. Simple yet slam-dunk in your face, if that makes sense. It creates a statement without making a huge splash. If I had to sum it up in a few words, I'd say: Simplicity at its finest.

Thank you :D

Waiting for that XenBase.... :D

Almost there! I don't like doing this previews until we're just about ready which is why it took so long :(

So... a bit of a silent release today :)

I still need to write up some info on Evolve, update the demo board, and make an announcement. But... we're out!

Thank you, everyone.

Pre-Sale Questions

If you have any questions or concerns you want to ask before you make a purchase don't hesitate to use one of our multiple support channels for your convenience.

Back