Blast

Registered
So I installed that Modern Statistics addon by Brivium. I know that they don't have a good reputation. But this version was modified to remove the callbacks I believe.

Anyways, so it's taking up the space at the top and I don't like the width. So I decided to reduce the width via:
Code:
width: 74.5%
to match the width of the nodes/categories. However, the problem is that the sidebar is in the bottom of the statistics's div. How can I move the sidebar on top aligned with the statistics without using position/top combo?

This is how it looks like right now:
4qWC8QT.png

Should I use z-index on both? You may be wondering why not just use position/top? The reason is that, it doesn't look right on mobile.
K4d7sYU.png

It will only fill up the remaining space on the right if the width is at 100%. I also tried margin-right, but it doesn't look right as well.
12FJ74Z.png

Praying that the design gods @Steve & @Russ could hopefully help me on this.

So I installed that Modern Statistics addon by Brivium. I know that they don't have a good reputation. But this version was modified to remove the callbacks I believe.
Best bet would be to remove and not use any Brivium add ons. It may have been modified to remove the callbacks but have the rest of his bad coding practices been fixed? From what you're saying, it hasn't.
I don't think it's fair to expect others to fix your problems because you ignore others advise and use buggy add ons that screw up other devs styles.

Best bet would be to remove and not use any Brivium add ons. It may have been modified to remove the callbacks but have the rest of his bad coding practices been fixed? From what you're saying, it hasn't.
I don't think it's fair to expect others to fix your problems because you ignore others advise and use buggy add ons that screw up other devs styles.
I guess you can consider this release as stable though. I skimmed through the code and it seems to look good as far as my HTML goes.

that screw up other devs styles.
Not sure what you meant here. Most, if not all, addons have the chance to break a style since they were not created/made to look good on a specific style(other than default maybe).

Wouldn't be able to debug it specifically and as @Bionic Rooster mentioned I'd consider removing it. They had callbacks in the plugins last time I checked and were removed from XF for a reason.

That being said the add-on is simply adding it self above the entire content rather than the mainContent(area left of the sidebar), but you'd need to contact them to see how to adjust it.

Not sure what you meant here. Most, if not all, addons have the chance to break a style since they were not created/made to look good on a specific style(other than default maybe).
Yes that's true but in Brivium's case his coding is so bugy it seldom worked right on the default style. Not to mention that his methods of coding makes your system insecure.

Pre-Sale Questions

If you have any questions or concerns you want to ask before you make a purchase don't hesitate to use one of our multiple support channels for your convenience.

Back