Quick Pixel Exit Update

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Russ, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Russ

Russ Designer

Every so often I like to check in with you all on what we're working on.

First let me start by passing @Steve our good vibes, he has been hospitalized for the past week and while he's out now he's currently still recovering.

Next topic: XenBase Update
    I recently started working on a rather large update for XenBase. This update consists of an overhaul of our existing features and functions. I want to clean certain areas up as much as possible where I see fit. One prime example is the node setups, the modern node layout had a ton of custom CSS fixes for various setups however with our new CSS it seems to be working perfectly with all setups (descriptions no descriptions, sub forums ect). I'm also organizing the style properties to be a little clearer, I do find it annoying to work on one thing in a certain area only to be forced to go to another group. I'm doing my best to make sure your upgrade goes smoothly.

Next topic: Pixel Exit Upgrade
    We're still chipping away at our new style we'll be using on Pixel Exit. We've been picky in the approach to it so it has taken longer than expected but the plan is essentially complete it before XF2 so we have a solid website that will last us for quite sometime while we focus on XF2 styles. The main focus of the upgrade is to make things easier to use as a visitor, finding your downloads opening support tickets ect.

That's it for now everyone I'm back to coding now (y), thank you for everyone's support. We've had a huge surge of customers the past month so we'd love to welcome you all to Pixel Exit and XenForo if you're new to that! Let us know if there's anything we can help out with and if you have any suggestions feel free to post them.

2. Ruby

Ruby Customer

@Russ have you ever considered having members that are in good standing here do testing on a new style for Pixel Exit? I'm not saying give it away for free but maybe sell them a testing version at a reduced cost.

@Steve get well soon and hurry back I'm having a hard time keeping @Russ inline.

I have noticed the support from the members is great as a lot of new members have questions that can be easily answered by us members.

3. Redh

Redh Customer

I am really happy to hear this - you guys do an amazing job supporting your customers, and you deserve every success that comes your way. Long may it continue! :)

Bionic Rooster and Steve like this.
  4. thomas1

thomas1 Customer

@Russ, thanks for the heads-up and a speedy recovery to @Steve !

I'm one of those new customers (although I signed up here almost two years ago); I'm currently preparing to move away from (cough, cough) UIX, and Pixel Exit hasn't made it exactly easy: I'm experimenting with Flat Awesome+, Archon, and Edge and I still haven't made up my mind, I like all of them. :D

Thanks again for all your efforts!

Russ and Steve like this.
  5. Ruby

Ruby Customer

I'm seeing a trend a lot of people are cutting UI.X from their sites. I think we need bulk discounts:rolleyes:

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
    Russ likes this.
  6. Russ

Russ Designer

We have used a testing phrase previously with Archon, I reached out to a few folks for testing prior to officially launching it. With this large XenBase I may do the same as well. The update itself while will have a massive change-log ideally the upgrade will go smoothly without many hiccups if any at all.

Bionic Rooster, thomas1, nome and 2 others like this.
  7. kaieivindm

kaieivindm Customer

Thanks for the update @Russ :)

Hope @Steve is a OK, and back on his feet soon. All the best to him.

Steve and Russ like this.
  8. Steve

Steve Designer

I'm here but definitely not 100% and likely won't be for a couple weeks at least. Thanks for the kinds words, much appreciated!

9. bosss

bosss Active Member

Bionic Rooster, Russ and Steve like this.
  10. nome

nome Member

Wishing you a quick recovery, @Steve !

Steve and Russ like this.
  11. kaieivindm

kaieivindm Customer

Sorry for bringing an old thread to life again, but hows the update going? ;)

12. Ruby

Ruby Customer

Testing of Xen Base 1.5.13 is happing now

13. kaieivindm

kaieivindm Customer

Since mid-February I assume :)

14. bosss

bosss Active Member

Where we can test Xen Base 1.5.13?

15. Ruby

Ruby Customer

bosss likes this.
  16. bosss

bosss Active Member

Thanks @Ruby - I missed that - hope soon will be update official.

17. Ruby

Ruby Customer

End of March.

18. Russ

Russ Designer

It definitely has taken longer than I expected... but I finished the last bit I wanted to edit last week. Just finalizing all the styles now, going through each one double checking settings. Shouldn't be too much longer.

19. kaieivindm

kaieivindm Customer

Thanks Russ

Russ likes this.
  20. JacquiiDesigns

JacquiiDesigns Customer

Oh my. Very late for this post... But @Steve - I hope you're feeling better dude!
    As for the 1.5.13 update... I'd definitely like to get my hands on it. I'll PM you momentarily @Russ
    Thanks,

J.

Steve likes this.