daimpa

Customer
Hello, on local environment I face this problem when I try to update the Zipped theme uploading the XML XenBase file. Speaking also on Xenforo about this: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/row-size-too-large-8126-when-updating-theme.111261/

I know that I could fix the issue by increasing the ib_logfile size, but I'd like to know if you've ever experienced this situations and if you have another solution.

Also, would like to know if, according to your experience, there's been situations where you've successfully updated the themes with "innodb_log_file_size = 5M" in your settings.

Last question: what happens when I face the error? Currently I've XF 1.4.5 with Zipped 1.4.5 uploaded. I'd like to update everything to the latest version. Can I try to upload the Xenbase 1.5.3 XML file as a new theme on XF 1.4.5, on the production server? If I face the error, it'll simply abort the process?

Error:
Server Error
Mysqli statement execute error : Row size too large (> 8126). Changing some columns to TEXT or BLOB or using ROW_FORMAT=DYNAMIC or ROW_FORMAT=COMPRESSED may help. In current row format, BLOB prefix of 768 bytes is stored inline.

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in C:\xampp\htdocs\forum\library\Zend\Db\Statement.php at line 297
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in C:\xampp\htdocs\forum\library\Zend\Db\Adapter\Abstract.php at line 479
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in C:\xampp\htdocs\forum\library\XenForo\Model\Template.php at line 1692
  4. XenForo_Model_Template->_insertCompiledTemplateRecord() in C:\xampp\htdocs\forum\library\XenForo\Model\Template.php at line 1617
  5. XenForo_Model_Template->compileAndInsertParsedTemplate() in C:\xampp\htdocs\forum\library\XenForo\Model\Template.php at line 1379
  6. XenForo_Model_Template->compileTemplateInStyleTree() in C:\xampp\htdocs\forum\library\XenForo\Model\Template.php at line 1329
  7. XenForo_Model_Template->compileNamedTemplateInStyleTree() in C:\xampp\htdocs\forum\library\XenForo\Model\Template.php at line 1268
  8. XenForo_Model_Template->compileAllTemplates() in C:\xampp\htdocs\forum\library\XenForo\Deferred\Template.php at line 36
  9. XenForo_Deferred_Template->execute() in C:\xampp\htdocs\forum\library\XenForo\Model\Deferred.php at line 295
  10. XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred() in C:\xampp\htdocs\forum\library\XenForo\Model\Deferred.php at line 429
  11. XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal() in C:\xampp\htdocs\forum\library\XenForo\Model\Deferred.php at line 374
  12. XenForo_Model_Deferred->run() in C:\xampp\htdocs\forum\library\XenForo\ControllerAdmin\Tools.php at line 159
  13. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Tools->actionRunDeferred() in C:\xampp\htdocs\forum\library\XenForo\FrontController.php at line 351
  14. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in C:\xampp\htdocs\forum\library\XenForo\FrontController.php at line 134
  15. XenForo_FrontController->run() in C:\xampp\htdocs\forum\admin.php at line 13

I've seen those errors before yes, unfortunately I believe you just need to increase the limits. You could also remove any unnecessary styles on your forum as well which will help. I can get away with like 4-5 styles on my local with out adjustments on the limits before it starts to have problems.

As for 1.5.3 onto your 1.4.5 I wouldn't recommend it. XF does weird things when upgrading the style prior to doing the XF upgrade.

Hi Russ, first of all thanks for the reply.
I've seen those errors before yes, unfortunately I believe you just need to increase the limits. You could also remove any unnecessary styles on your forum as well which will help. I can get away with like 4-5 styles on my local with out adjustments on the limits before it starts to have problems
I've just your style installed.

As for 1.5.3 onto your 1.4.5 I wouldn't recommend it. XF does weird things when upgrading the style prior to doing the XF upgrade
to be sure: I didn't meant to upgrade the used style. I meant update the new XML as a new theme just to check if the error appears on the production site before starting the XF upgrading process. Is this possible?

The 1.5.3 version of the style will not work on 1.4.5. Lots of template changes and things in 1.5 that isn't in 1.4
Hi, and sorry for the insistence and my bad English. What I want to do is just to check if I get the error message uploading the XML on the production site, I don't want to activate 1.5.4 theme on 1.4.5. Is this going to cause problems? Is it a problem that there're two XenBase XML uploaded?

Pre-Sale Questions

If you have any questions or concerns you want to ask before you make a purchase don't hesitate to use one of our multiple support channels for your convenience.

Back