Tickets Show number of open ticket in moderator bar

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by Alfa1, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Alfa1

Alfa1 Active Member

Please show in the moderator bar:
    • the number of open tickets
    • the number of open tickets assigned to you

MattW likes this.
  2. Steve

Steve Designer

What if the user that the ticket is assigned to doesn't have moderator status?

I'm not entirely sure but I'm think a tab counter then once at /tickets/ you can see assigned tickets/open ect in the subnav.

3. Alfa1

Alfa1 Active Member

To be assigned to tickets one needs to have ticket moderating functions right?
    In any case: support staff are official staff, so it makes sense to give them the moderator bar. On my sites all support staff will have moderator status, even if not visible to other users. The moderator bar is an essential part of the xenforo workflow and therefore it should be used.

Consider that its very challenging to get staff to handle tickets instead of ignoring these. Because a lot of tickets are difficult or have headache potential. Having a helpdesk that puts open tickets into their workflow in a clear and undeniable way is pretty essential. Its actually the single most important reason to move from our $1000 advanced helpdesk solution to something closely integrated, because it would lead to staff members handling tickets quicker and not ignore or forget their responsibilities. A ticket can be something crucial that needs to be handled right away.
    A tab counter is an idea, but many addons use that and important counters will be lost within trivial tab counters for how many new articles or how many peeps in chat.

4. Alfa1

Alfa1 Active Member

With 'open tickets' I mean open tickets that were last replied to by the ticket starter. Not open tickets that have been replied to by staff. (awaiting response)

5. NixFifty

NixFifty Developer

Implemented in 1.3.0:

[​IMG]

Alfa1 likes this.
  6. Alfa1

Alfa1 Active Member

That will make a world of difference. In Kayako we always have hundreds of open tickets because staff forgets to login to the helpdesk. This should resolve that.

NixFifty likes this.