XF 1.x Show subforums in forum home

abdfahim

Registered
Also, is it possible to arrange forums in different categories in a different manner? For example, under category A, all forums should be in list view (like PE here), and under category B it should be in a grid view.

Russ

Pixel Exit Staff
Is it possible to show subforums in the forum home for a particular node only?
You'd essentially need to show the sub-forums for all nodes, then use CSS to target and hide on whichever ones you want too.

Code:
.node_6 .subForumList { display: none !important; }
Also, is it possible to arrange forums in different categories in a different manner? For example, under category A, all forums should be in list view (like PE here), and under category B it should be in a grid view.
Check out: Style Properties: [XB] Nodes, you can place a node # and then set the width on that category.

abdfahim

Registered
Thanks a lot @Ross. Another question please, if I want to hide the last post or post/thread count for certain forums in the forum list, do I also need to use CSS like above, or there is a forum-specific option?

abdfahim

Registered
In [XB] Nodes, I tried checking "Global Minimize", but still last post, RSS icon etc. are visible for all the nodes (in forum_list)!

"Minimize Node" for individual categories works, but why there are Category #1 through Category #5 whereas I have 6 categories? Do I need to use EXTRA.css for rest of the categories?

And finally, is there any option to hide discussion counts as well?

Last edited:

abdfahim

Registered
In [XB] Nodes, I tried checking "Global Minimize", but still last post, RSS icon etc. are visible for all the nodes (in forum_list)!
It turns out "Global Minimize" works only if I set Global Node Width. That would work for me as I want to set 50% width as well.

Russ

Pixel Exit Staff
It turns out "Global Minimize" works only if I set Global Node Width. That would work for me as I want to set 50% width as well.
I thought I responded here... my apologies. It was hard coded to 50%, it's adjusted for the next release (1.5.15).

abdfahim

Registered
I thought I responded here... my apologies. It was hard coded to 50%, it's adjusted for the next release (1.5.15).
@Russ.. The option should work even if I keep "Global Node Width" blank, right? Some might want to get rid of those extra things without changing the width.

if I want to hide the last post or post/thread count for certain forums in the forum list, do I also need to use CSS like above, or there is a forum-specific option?
Can you please reply this (bold part)? Do you have option in XB?

Russ

Pixel Exit Staff
No option like that in XenBase, you'll need to apply custom CSS.

I'll double check on your first bit for the next release, it should work.

Pre-Sale Questions

If you have any questions or concerns you want to ask before you make a purchase don't hesitate to use one of our multiple support channels for your convenience.