Fixed Social Login after 1.5.12

Discussion in 'Closed Reports' started by kaieivindm, May 7, 2017.

1. kaieivindm

kaieivindm Customer

With XenBase 1.5.11, I had some issues that we fixed @Russ With some extra.css code lines, in regards to social login buttons on the login page, not the alt layover login.

This is what its been reverted back to:
    upload_2017-5-7_18-20-31.png

Last time we fixed it With this code:

Code:
    Copy Source
    #content.login .ctrlUnit.altMargin dd a {
        max-width: 215px;
    }
    But it seems like this wont help anymore? No matter what I do With max-width, it will not change.

Also, In the style settings, I have the external auth button Width to 210px. Does not help to change that one either, although I am not sure its the same buttons it changes.

Is there something smart I have to do to get back the 215px Width on social login buttons again? ;)

2. Russ

Russ Designer

Looks like you got it sorted on your site? I've made some adjustments to the social login to look better on all the areas.

3. kaieivindm

kaieivindm Customer

On all pages, besides this scenario:

1) Bottom of page, click a user, press profile
    2) log in page will show, due to not Access
    3) social icons on this page is not the correct ones (too long) as the others

4. Russ

Russ Designer

I'll take a look in the next couple days to see what's going on.

kaieivindm likes this.
  5. kaieivindm

kaieivindm Customer

Thanks again.

6. Russ

Russ Designer

Ok I've made a change to the template to help out with this annoying setup :D.

Essentially the social logins will now ALWAYS have a max-width set on them except in the Alt Login form:

Screenshot_5.png

For the sake of the design I kept them fluid there. What was happening previously was the css was getting carried over to over parts making the buttons fluid on multiple areas.

kaieivindm likes this.
  7. kaieivindm

kaieivindm Customer

So the old code snipet in extra.css can be deleted when the New Version comes out?

And it the setting in the acp be valid? like, external login button Width?

8. Russ

Russ Designer

Yep it'll inherit the default max width button there on all areas except the above as I mentioned. I also forgot it'll be 100% width in the sidebar too but you can set a max-width if you want via: Style Properties -> [XB] Sidebar -> Social Logins. This is done intentionally since the sidebar is default 260px, having the buttons only go to 220 or whatever seemed a little off to me.

kaieivindm likes this.
  9. kaieivindm

kaieivindm Customer

Thanks @Russ

THen I will be waiting for NeXT update. (y)

Russ likes this.

Let's work together on your next project

Contact us today to talk about how we can help you