I'm confused - sticky sidebar is already included with most skins (at least the 3 I own), and it works just as advertised.

Add the css I gave you to your other style and you’ll see your sticky sidebar no longer works because it’s longer than the content. I’m not sure why you keep going on about this, there’s nothing to stick if the sidebar is twice as long as the content.

Add the css I gave you to your other style and you’ll see your sticky sidebar no longer works because it’s longer than the content.

I am not understanding about Sticky sidebar will work for short but not long sidebars? My other style working without any issue and this does not matter if the sidebar is longer than the content.

So why need add your CSS code in my working style for breaking my sticky sidebar work?

I’m not sure why you keep going on about this, there’s nothing to stick if the sidebar is twice as long as the content.

Yes its not work only for your style. I am using more 3 developer style and their style have not this limitations, Sticky sidebar will work for short and long sidebars.

Sticky sidebar should be work for short or long sidebars. Please make under consideration for this functionality.

I'm confused - sticky sidebar is already included with most skins (at least the 3 I own), and it works just as advertised.

No, Sticky sidebar will work for short sidebars but does not work for long sidebars.

@Nirjonadda please add the css to your other style:

Code:
.node-body > * {
    padding-top: 3px !important;
    padding-bottom: 3px !important;
}

All it's doing is shortening the content area so you can see... it will no longer stick. Please add it even for a few seconds as you're not understanding what's going on. I'm not "breaking" your sticky sidebar, I'm showing you that with a short content area your sidebar will not stick even on your other style.

Please add the CSS and report back, let me know how it goes. If you refuse to even try the CSS then this conversation is pointless.

All it does is takes your nodes from:
Screenshot_16.png

to:

Screenshot_15.png

@Nirjonadda you can also enable forum descriptions to be inline rather than tooltips... you'll extend the content area on Flat Awesome: Style Properties -> Forum / Node List.

My point is, sticky sidebar on our style and his style will only stick if the sidebar is shorter than the content itself.

I'll call this suggestion implemented :), please do not make another topic about this, it's honestly just wasting time at this point because you refuse to listen to my instructions and not believe me when I say it's working as intended. Feel free to respond to this thread if you have further comment.

Last edited:
@Russ Please do understanding, we are here making discussions for improvement development.

OK do you have any solution adding CSS code into your style for working for long sidebars?

please add the css to your other style:

Yes adding this code will not work Sticky sidebar for long sidebars. So other style developer coded incorrectly for working long sidebars?

We have using Flat Awesome my forum default style but our member reporting that Sticky sidebar are not work for this style. So i am make other style forum default. Personally i am still using Flat Awesome.

Can you describe to me... how you expect a sticky sidebar to work when it's twice as long as the content it's sitting next too? Like what exactly would it do? The point of a sticky sidebar is to float in the area below until it hits the footer area. On FA+ on your site there's no room for it to float as it's already touching the footer. I don't think you're understanding the idea of a sticky sidebar.

This is a very quick sketch of what a sticky sidebar does:

Red lines = Container
Blue = header
Yellow = content area
Green = sidebar
Screenshot_17.png

On the left side, there's room for the green sidebar to move up and down as you read the content.

On the right side, the green box can't move anywhere as the tallest item in the container.

Now please, can you tell me how you expect that right sidebar to "stick"?

Now please, can you tell me how you expect that right sidebar to "stick"?

I am not developer. So I did not know. As I know My other style working then I am happy but only not working your style. So Its not problem in my style that why its working.

Do you like I will go to my other style developer about this why its working and can be its make bug report?

Did you see my image above? Does that make sense to you?

Please do not make a bug report on our forum regarding this issue, it's not a bug. I don't know how I can be more clear on your issue.

Please do not make a bug report on our forum regarding this issue, it's not a bug.

I am not asking for your forum make a bug report. I will go make a bug report on my other style support forum regarding this issue.

Your style Sticky sidebar will work for short but not work long sidebars > This not a bug?
Other style Sticky sidebar will work for short and long sidebars > This is a bug?

OK Make this topic closed.

Our style works with short and long sidebars, however, it will not work when the sidebar is longer than the content. That's not a bug, and it's the same for him. Best of luck with your answer from Ehren.

Pre-Sale Questions

If you have any questions or concerns you want to ask before you make a purchase don't hesitate to use one of our multiple support channels for your convenience.

Back