Suggested Addon: Discord Integration.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Ev1dentFir3, Nov 29, 2015.

1. Ev1dentFir3

Ev1dentFir3 New Member

Working the same as Teamspeak Intigration, Discord Intigration would have all the same features, just use a much different API.

Discord is putting the nuce around Teamspeaks neck because they are completely free, have much more complete android, iphone, and even blackberry apps. Use IRC chat for seperatly integrating, into other software, like twitch and minecraft servers. And have a much easier to use permission system. All this for FREE.

I have already paid for the TS Integration but would pay again to have Discord Integration.

Thanks

2. Russ

Russ Designer

I use and love discord myself, although I don't believe the official API is out yet. Although the development for Discord has been pleasant... I'm curious to know how long until they officially release the api.

Ev1dentFir3 likes this.
  3. Ev1dentFir3

Ev1dentFir3 New Member

See I have been reading about the API they are promising, didn't know it wasn't out yet, I hope this happens soon too!

4. Russ

Russ Designer

I think there's an unofficial one from someone doing some sort of reverse engineering, not entirely sure but definitely would want to see the official docs, we can hope soon!

Fayettemat likes this.
  5. Ev1dentFir3

Ev1dentFir3 New Member

6. NixFifty

NixFifty Developer

We chatted about this the other day. Discord would be a much easier and less problematic platform to integrate for. With a couple communities I know of moving over to it, I've looked in to it a bit. I wrote some brief code for it but at the moment, my focus is on TeamSpeak. In addition, I don't believe Discord has an official API out yet, at least it didn't when I last checked.

7. VanValdenurg

VanValdenurg Customer

The official discord api is finally released and there is actually a plugin already: https://addons.velocityio.com/products/discord.1/
    However the devs for this seem not very active and competition is always good :)

8. NixFifty

NixFifty Developer

This is actually something I've started working on as a side project and will probably take center stage once I get my latest round of updates out for my add-ons. Watch this space. :)

leewper, BeBosny and VanValdenurg like this.
  9. BeBosny

BeBosny New Member

I'm a customer of your teamspeak addon and I'd personally ditch that for discord.

NixFifty and Soulzz like this.
  10. BeBosny

BeBosny New Member

@NixFifty It's not secret that Discord is growing really fast. It's already driving users away from services like teamspeak and skype due to it being really safe and reliable. I personally think you should prioritize this over the teamspeak addon (once bugs are fixed). It's great to see Discord providing full support for things like this and it's definitely great to see that you're planning on doing the addon. I'd personally like to see this asap.

11. Soulzz

Soulzz New Member

Discord is also working on administrative features that will help reduce the need for TeamSpeak.

BeBosny likes this.
  12. leewper

leewper New Member

yeah. i hope u can make discord integration addon, more and more ppl are using discord now. many users asked me to use discord.

13. Arc

Arc New Member

I'll be watching this. I know there's many communities that'd jump on this addon. Personally, I think TeamSpeak should be on the back burner. The market isn't full of Discord related items yet.

Cannot wait! I'll get my checkbook ready.

~Zyphior Community

14. NixFifty

NixFifty Developer

Making progress.

Minimum PHP version requirement is currently 5.5.9 though 5.6 or 7 is recommended.

15. BeBosny

BeBosny New Member

Good to hear. Are you able to give a really really rough ETA?

16. Arc

Arc New Member

I'm interested in this as well.

17. NixFifty

NixFifty Developer

I'm currently undertaking my last finals of the year for university to my time is incredibly stretched right now. I've basically been working on this on the side.

I've made some solid progress that I'm pretty happy with but I don't want to tie myself down to a specific date. I also have a two week trip coming up in June so it'll likely be that I either release the add-on after my finals have ended and before my trip or after my trip .

Either way, very very very rough date would be June hoping everything goes to plan. It is also likely I won't do a beta / pre-release since Discord isn't as crazy as TeamSpeak turned out to be. :p

BeBosny likes this.
  18. nome

nome Member

2016? :)

BeBosny, Steve and Redh like this.
  19. NixFifty

NixFifty Developer

Here's hoping!

BeBosny and nome like this.
  20. BeBosny

BeBosny New Member

@NixFifty Can we have a update on the development of the addon? :)