This border issue is driving me nutz!

Discussion in 'Suggestions (XF2)' started by cannabis ape, Aug 10, 2018 at 10:42 AM.

1. cannabis ape

cannabis ape Customer

I got a border issue. On the default theme this doesnt seem to be a problem so it's either due a custom CSS or this theme.

Anyway, I try to wrap the block with a bother left,right,bottom and top.

When I achieve this with "Block border framework" left,right,top,bottom it wraps the blocks separately without problems but then the bottom block (where you reply in) doesn't have borders.

I found out I can achieve that by setting the borders in "Block body" but then comes the issue which is driving me crazy thanks to my ADD, it connects the other blocks left and right as seen in the photo. I know it's a small thing on the eye but I can't keep my eye of it.

How can I get this working normally?

Attached Files:

2. Russ

Russ Designer

So did you add a border to our property: Block Body?

Have you tried searching for just the class:

Code:
    Copy Source
    .block-body
    This is popping up:

Code:
    Copy Source
    .block-body {
        border-right: 2px solid #000;
    }

3. cannabis ape

cannabis ape Customer

Yes naturally because I added it in block body to show what happens.
    It also creates an out of place line in the footer.

Now I will fill in the "block border framework"

Now you see it looks like what it suppose to but now I cant border the editor part.

4. Russ

Russ Designer

So the footer block is due to how the widgets load. They all use the block-body class by default, you can target the block-body of the footer block to remove it via:

Code:
    Copy Source
    .p-footer-custom .xb-footer-block .block-container .block-body {
        border-width: 0px;
    }
    For the editor just target it via:

Code:
    Copy Source
    .js-quickReply .block-body {
        border: 1px solid #000;
    }

cannabis ape likes this.
  5. cannabis ape

cannabis ape Customer

Thank you very much, it's kinda stupid I spend well over an hour to get all the borders right and you fix it in 5 seconds.. o_O

6. Russ

Russ Designer

It'll take getting use too :D. XF2 reuses classes a lot so sometimes you just need to target specific things or approach it in a different way.

cannabis ape likes this.
  7. cannabis ape

cannabis ape Customer

Starting to think I should have gone with everything default but then it will look like the rest. You don't see it as my frontpage is under construction but my WP theme is exactly styled like the forum, same header, colors, background that's why I'm focused on the CSS as it is.

8. Russ

Russ Designer

Customizing is the fun part :D, once it's all done you'll be happy. Let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Redh likes this.
  9. cannabis ape

cannabis ape Customer

Yeah, so much fun..:dead: IF you are a XenForo developer :ROFLMAO:

Anyway, didn't know we were done yet in the PM because I wasn't :p

Let's work together on your next project

Contact us today to talk about how we can help you

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.