Update regarding XenForo 2.x Styles

With the 2.0 Beta release releasing today I'm sure many of you are excited to see what's going on with Pixel Exit's 2.x product line!

At the moment we're actively working on styles for XenForo 2.x. We still have a bit to go but we're planning on releasing styles once the versions start to slow down a bit. Keep in mind that XenForo 1.0.0 Beta 1 was released on 09/5/2010 (almost 7 years ago) with it getting to the official "stable" release roughly 5 months later 03/08/2011. There was around 9 releases between this period and frankly was a nightmare attempting to support it.

We're excited for XenForo 2.x but just wanted to set some sort of reasonable expectations. We don't care about rushing out products to be the first out there, we want to provide you all with a quality foundation to build and upgrade your site on.

A few FAQ's regarding 2.x styles:
  • Are you converting all styles to XF2?
    • No, we will be porting some of our existing styles to XF2 however it will not be the entire product line. We're excited to introduce new styles to the XenForo community.
  • Will there be a charge for a ported version of the style if I have an active license?
    • Yes, XF2 is a completely new system which is requiring a complete recode. We will be providing a generous discount for active license holders.
  • What will happen with my custom style?
    • As mentioned above XF2 is a new system and nothing can easily be copied and pasted over to it. Each custom style will need to be built from the ground up however pricing will be discounted if we coded your XF1 custom style. This is not a fixed amount discount and will be discussed on a per project basis.
  • When will the XF2 styles be ready?
    • I'm terrible at setting deadlines so I've been better about not doing so! We will announce when they're ready. Keep in mind XF literally released their first beta version of a HUGE upgrade. No one has tested the Resource Manager/Gallery/Upgrades/Imports/Web-Install among many other things. We still have a bit to go until they'll recommend to use it on a live site.

Thank you all for your patience. We're really excited to take the next step towards XenForo 2.x with you all.

With the 2.0 Beta release releasing today I'm sure many of you are excited to see what's going on with Pixel Exit's 2.x product line!
I've already sent you a Ticket about a new custom style for XF2. In the next few months, after I've finished up my acquisitions. I will begin to ramp up on funding you guys in preparation for the completed XF2 custom style.

Not a premium style, a refresh of our Social (free) style with some tiny options that will also be in XB2. Coming soon!
upload_2017-9-8_9-43-8.png

Admin/Mod post background option along with a thread starter banner
upload_2017-9-8_9-47-54.png

@Russ and @Steve will all of us With custom design be put in slots when XF2 hits? I assume we are going to be the last one migrating over due to have spent lots of Money of those.

Just curious as I need to know when you will be able to start on those tasks. Guess its many of us wanting to move quickly over, therefor creating a bit of a Queue in the dev stuff.

@Russ and @Steve will all of us With custom design be put in slots when XF2 hits? I assume we are going to be the last one migrating over due to have spent lots of Money of those.

Just curious as I need to know when you will be able to start on those tasks. Guess its many of us wanting to move quickly over, therefor creating a bit of a Queue in the dev stuff.
I would make sure you put your custom work request in early once 2.0 is released they are probably going to be slammed with people upgrading custom styles.

We're going to put an announcement up on here and email everyone once the custom work is going to be accepted on 2.0.

I wish I had more details for everyone right now however I just bought a home and I knew this time period was going to be a little hectic. I didn't want to set any dates or deadlines for that reason. Things will settle down in the coming weeks and I'll make an official announcement.

We don't care about rushing out products to be the first out there, we want to provide you all with a quality foundation to build and upgrade your site on.

IMO PixelExit is the BEST as concerns Xenforo theme and framework. A close first to what's now known as ThemeHouse. The Xenbase framework has been a great friend to me over the years. So yes! I, with absolute certainty, believe the quality of product you guys put out for the XF 2.0 line will not only meet our expectations, but surprise by aplomb. I can only barely wait.

Anyway.... Reason why I posted up in this thread is because I want to say I'M ABSOLUTELY IN LOVE WITH THE NEW SKIN!!!!!!!!!!! It IS spectacular. Congrats fellas @Steve and @Russ

J.

Legendary
From my biased perspective, Legendary is one I'd like to see ported, unless another "gaming"-oriented theme like Legendary were created.

We don't care about rushing out products to be the first out there, we want to provide you all with a quality foundation to build and upgrade your site on.
I think for many of us just getting caught up on all of the XenForo 2.0 news, it might be a while before we look at upgrading our sites… so many old, old add-ons that we'll either have to find new replacements for or just abandon. Even when 2.0 goes stable, I imagine it will be a while until a lot of current customers are ready to upgrade too. I'm just happy to know that there are XenForo 2.0 plans, that's much better than the feedback I'm getting from other add-on developers!

I think for many of us just getting caught up on all of the XenForo 2.0 news, it might be a while before we look at upgrading our sites… so many old, old add-ons that we'll either have to find new replacements for or just abandon. Even when 2.0 goes stable, I imagine it will be a while until a lot of current customers are ready to upgrade too. I'm just happy to know that there are XenForo 2.0 plans, that's much better than the feedback I'm getting from other add-on developers!

I have already started making sure my add-ons are compatible With XF2.0, and I only have 1 thats not... So way Ahead in the planning already. My concern is @Russ and @Steve that will be totally swamped With work when it hits. People tend to jump the gun when it comes to New releases.

Also With XF2.0, many will Upgrade PHP and such in addition to add-ons, themes etc. It will be Mayhem on the forums. So I'd rather do most of my homework early on and then be ready.

I have already started making sure my add-ons are compatible With XF2.0, and I only have 1 thats not... So way Ahead in the planning already. My concern is @Russ and @Steve that will be totally swamped With work when it hits. People tend to jump the gun when it comes to New releases.

Also With XF2.0, many will Upgrade PHP and such in addition to add-ons, themes etc. It will be Mayhem on the forums. So I'd rather do most of my homework early on and then be ready.

Priority will be existing customers first prior to taking on custom new projects ideally just as a heads up :).

Pre-Sale Questions

If you have any questions or concerns you want to ask before you make a purchase don't hesitate to use one of our multiple support channels for your convenience.

Back