Visitor tab responsive

Discussion in 'Closed Reports' started by Tracy Perry, Dec 25, 2014.

1. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

Was messing around on my site in Chrome from my iPhone 6. Went to try and log off and the expanded visitor tab was not scrollable. All you could see was what was in the attached image.

This is on apex. Tried too vane prefix and it removed all of them.

image.jpg

2. Steve

Steve Designer

There is nothing really style specific to Apex that would cause that really, can you send me a link to the site with a test account possibly? Wondering if the ad behind the menu may be an issue but as far as I remember Apex is basically default except some padding on the menu links.

3. Tracy Perry

Well, now it's gone back to working... arghhh!!! I hate intermittent problems like that!

4. Tracy Perry

And now it's back to NOT working. :arghh:

5. Russ

Russ Designer

Not a proper fix but until we can replicate it and fix it you could reduce the padding on the links a little.

Code:
    Copy Source
    #AccountMenu .menuColumns a { padding: 5px 10px !important; }

6. Tracy Perry

OK.. next question I have.. on my tablet (with both the default parent and my child style, the forum node list is a "little" funky. The spacing is what is weird. This is with an iPad mini using Chrome.

IMG_0033.PNG

7. Steve

Steve Designer

It's because of the node descriptions. No way to really detect the height and most of the time I do display: none for those if people are using dual column. Just not easy way around it and I should add that the style by default.

8. Russ

Russ Designer

Away from my computer but I honestly thought we hard coded it so the descriptions would be in a tool tip always if the dual column was enabled. Must of missed that one

9. Tracy Perry

OK.. so just disable the display of the node descriptions (or force them as tool-tip) and I should be good... great, I much prefer Apex over UI.X. This was one thing that was causing a problem.

Russ likes this.
  10. Russ

Russ Designer

We'll check it for next release, should always default no matter what option you have enabled/disabled for the tooltips. Thanks for the find.

Tracy Perry likes this.
  11. Russ

Russ Designer

I've added some extra css to basically disable the descriptions on the dual columns for touch devices specifically.

Let's work together on your next project

Contact us today to talk about how we can help you