gregbtm

Customer
Is it possible to install Bootstrap / apply it to XenBase? I'm aware you already have a few baked in features, but I intend to create pages that would look great with more bootstrap / uikit features. What would the process be to install these?

Thank you :)

Sorry for the delay! Really for our stuff, you'd simply use our xb_head and xb_body templates add any custom JS/CSS codes, this way it'll avoid a template edit in PAGE_CONTAINER.

It has been a bit since I've touched Bootstrap but there were quite a few compatibility issues when attempting to utilize it inside of XF. It broke some of the JS and it required a ton of restyling on various elements.

If it's for a specific page node, you might be able to get away with simply calling those Bootstrap files on the page node content so it only loads on that specific page.

Sorry for the delay! Really for our stuff, you'd simply use our xb_head and xb_body templates add any custom JS/CSS codes, this way it'll avoid a template edit in PAGE_CONTAINER.

It has been a bit since I've touched Bootstrap but there were quite a few compatibility issues when attempting to utilize it inside of XF. It broke some of the JS and it required a ton of restyling on various elements.

If it's for a specific page node, you might be able to get away with simply calling those Bootstrap files on the page node content so it only loads on that specific page.
Yeah for sure. I've read different stories about incompatibilities. I'd only be wanting to call it for page nodes, I guess - or only those that I'd want to use bootstrap components (slideshows etc.)

Thanks Russ! Will give it a go this evening. I'm going to be installing the new update for xenbase on a staging copy of my forum so I can customise and spiffy up and then transfer over to my live working forum once upgraded. Any tips?

Pre-Sale Questions

If you have any questions or concerns you want to ask before you make a purchase don't hesitate to use one of our multiple support channels for your convenience.

Back