XF 1.x Welcome Bar displaying even when disabled - EDGE

clawbennett

Registered
Hello, I just purchased and installed EDGE yesterday. I am relatively new to xenforo as well since it was just installed last week.

I can not seem to disable the welcome bar for the template.
"Enable Welcome Bar" is unchecked for both the child theme and the xenbase.

Screen Shot 2017-05-31 at 1.03.19 PM.png
(I am assuming this Welcome to Edge is the welcome bar?)

Originally, it was not displaying and when I went to enable it, it would not update the text that I was putting into the box. I then decided to disable it and now it will not disappear.

Any ideas on how to fix this would be great!

Last edited:

Russ

Pixel Exit Staff
HEY the welcome bar is actually a small bar when logged out which is a feature on xenbase. What you're referring too is actually custom to Edge, check Style Properties -> Edge Properties, you can configure the welcome banner there.

clawbennett

Registered
Ugh, thanks! I thought it was the "welcome bar" because when I disabled the Backstretch option, the images were removed from behind it.

Thanks!

Russ

Pixel Exit Staff
Ugh, thanks! I thought it was the "welcome bar" because when I disabled the Backstretch option, the images were removed from behind it.

Thanks!

It's slightly confusing sorry. We utilize the built in backstretch out of the box on the Edge Welcome notice. Let us know if you need anything else.

Pre-Sale Questions

If you have any questions or concerns you want to ask before you make a purchase don't hesitate to use one of our multiple support channels for your convenience.