XF2 approaches the color palette slightly different.

The "Color Palette" are general colors used on the site. To change specific colors like that though you'll want to look at: Style Properties -> Basic Colors, there's an actual Page background color.

For the staff bar search staff in the ACP search top right. you'll see the Staff tools bar property where you can adjust the color.

What color does the moderator bar use in XF1, and what color option controls the little border that goes around the moderator bar? It says that the staff tools bar uses @xf-paletteColor2, could I just change that to the blue color I use on my site?

What color does the moderator bar use in XF1, and what color option controls the little border that goes around the moderator bar? It says that the staff tools bar uses @xf-paletteColor2, could I just change that to the blue color I use on my site?

Yep, you can change it to whatever you want. FA+ XF1 used: #F0F0F0

The bottom border:

Code:
xf-intensify(@xf-publicStaffBar--background-color, 4%)

You can see this color is set on the same property. Essentially this uses XF's new function to intensify the background color and set a new border color. But you can use the picker and choose any color.

What does the color palette color 5 control
By default in XF it seems it only controls link hover color. In XenBase we change this to use xf-intensify(@xf-linkColor, 20%) so I'm not sure it is used at all at the moment. Really difficult to search for it's use in properties.

and what color palette option controls it in XF1
Not following this question, could you elaborate?

I'm sorry, I'm just a little confused by the new XF2 color palette.
It really functions in the same way XF1 did, aside from the ability to use, intensify, contrast and diminish.

By default in XF it seems it only controls link hover color. In XenBase we change this to use xf-intensify(@xf-linkColor, 20%) so I'm not sure it is used at all at the moment. Really difficult to search for it's use in properties.
I know it controls the inline moderation bar, but that doesn't really matter since only staff members can see it, so I was wondering if it controlled anything else.
Not following this question, could you elaborate?
I was wondering what color palette color in XF1 controlled whatever else Color 5 controls in XF2. I'm just trying to copy the look of my XF1 site to XF2 as accurately as possible.

I was wondering what color palette color in XF1 controlled whatever else Color 5 controls in XF2. I'm just trying to copy the look of my XF1 site to XF2.
There is no XF1 > XF2 color palettes, XF2 is completely it's own thing.

I know it controls the inline moderation bar, but that doesn't really matter since only staff members can see it, so I was wondering if it controlled anything else.
You could look in the style xml for it I suppose if you want to know or you can do what we do - set it to pink, red or some other bright color in a CHILD style so you can what colors change what.

We did our best and will still improve on the color palette but XF approached it a little weird in my own opinion. They would use various palettes on random things, sometimes for background colors sometimes for a link color... if you want to change something specific ideally look into Basic Colors or the actual style property. I'd recommend against changing the actual color palette dramatically. If you wanted to go with green tones... I'd keep the same general shade but just shift them all to a green tone meaning: light blue changes to light green, dark blue changes to dark green ect.

Pre-Sale Questions

If you have any questions or concerns you want to ask before you make a purchase don't hesitate to use one of our multiple support channels for your convenience.

Back