xbUserPanelBox and userpanelbox

Discussion in 'Closed Reports' started by Code Monkey, May 9, 2015.

1. Code Monkey

Code Monkey Customer

Before submitting a bug report we usually recommend trying to replicate the problem on a default XenForo style(if applicable) to eliminate the possibility of it being a bug related to our styles.

Website address(optional):
    Bug Report Details: userpanel.png
    You can see next to the userpanel is a small black box. The class file for this is
    xbUserPanelBox and then the panel to the left is userpanelbox which is pushed over by xbUserPanelBox. If I uncheck "Enable User Panel" then it moves to the top of the sidebar as a the default user welcome box and the userpanelbox moves right and stays there giving me two user panels. I want the userpanelbox but shouldn't xbUserPanelBox be hidden?

2. Code Monkey

Code Monkey Customer

I changed xbUserPanelBox to display:none and it went away. Seems to be a bug in functionality or another setting countermanding it. If I uncheck it it should disappear not show up in sidebar. No?

3. Russ

Russ Designer

So end result what are you trying to achieve here which panel are you trying to use?

Sorry it's late and I'm probably missing the obvious here :D

4. Code Monkey

Code Monkey Customer

You don't see the little box next to the panel? Ideally unchecking something should turn it off not on. And when something is off then it should not be showing remnants and pushing other elements around.

5. Steve

Steve Designer

Fusion Gamer has its own User Panel, the class xbUserPanelBox was an addition in a later update in XenBase. So the option should be disabled in the properties : [XB] User Panel

6. Russ

Russ Designer

I gotcha @Code Monkey , technically with the amount of options XenBase has and some of the custom things on our child styles they won't work with every single option. I can see about adding extra conditionals to the templates but ideally I try to limit the amount of edits done to the templates. I just need to see if it's actually worth adding some conditionals to the various templates or simply saying, you need to pick a single user panel you want to use :D

7. Code Monkey

Code Monkey Customer

That was my point. If you turn off xbUserPanelBox it appears. If you turn it on it disappears except for that little rectangular box that pushes the userpanelbox over to the left. Setting that display:none I posted above fixes it. Except for the backwards on/off setting.

Yeah I know it can get complicated. Makes your head spin I bet.

8. Steve

Steve Designer

I'm a bit confused with
    What appears? The rectangle?
    I'm testing it right now with the default User Card (Panel) enabled, if I enable: Style Properties -> [XB] User Panel -> Settings -> Enable User Panel

The rectangle appears, disabling it removes it. So I assuming you have Style Properties -> Fusion Gamer Properties -> Disable User Card not checked?

9. Code Monkey

Code Monkey Customer

That's correct I don't have that checked.

If I go to XB Header and Navigation -> User Panel and uncheck "enable user panel" I end up with two user panels. One in the sidebar and one floating between the sidebar and header. If It's checked I only have the one floating above the sidebar but there appears an anomaly, which is in the pic, until I go and change it's display property to display none.

10. Code Monkey

Code Monkey Customer

I lightened the image and circled the anomaly userpanel.png .

11. Steve

Steve Designer

Can you make an account so we can see, this isn't what I'm experiencing on our test board.

12. Russ

Russ Designer

(Don't post the account info here as it's a public forum), post via a support ticket.

13. Code Monkey

Code Monkey Customer

Well I already fixed it so nothing to see now.

14. Code Monkey

Code Monkey Customer

I notice in your demo board you have both user-panels displayed.

15. Steve

Steve Designer

So, were you trying to disable the sidebar vistorPanel?

16. Code Monkey

Code Monkey Customer

Yeah. Who would want two userpanels?

17. Steve

Steve Designer

Right, so the issue is the default XenForo vistorPanel is not hidden when the option in the Fusion Gamer properties in unchecked.

xbUserPanel option disables the default XenForo visitorPanel but also adds user panel in the same place as the Fusion Gamer one but looks entirely different.

With all that said a conditional and some CSS will fix it and will be in the next update. I'm not entirely sure what happened but it did disable the visitorPanel before.

18. Code Monkey

Code Monkey Customer

I like the one that floats above the sidebar. :D

On a side note, any idea what I need to change to get post ratings to work it's replace magic on that one. It seems to work on every userpanel but that one.

19. Russ

Russ Designer

Doesn't work in the Fusion Gamer Panel? The one unique to fusion gamer?

It has the hooks in place but he could be targeting a specific template using a template modification.

I'd need access to check how he's doing it(not posted here as it's public :D )

20. Code Monkey

Code Monkey Customer

Which is the unique one. I'm using the one that floats up there by the logo. The one in the sidebar shows fine if it's turned on.

Let's work together on your next project

Contact us today to talk about how we can help you