Style updates XenForo 2 Styles: Launch

Let me begin this post by thanking everyone for their patience, we appreciate the support everyone has shown us since we opened and we're truly thankful everyone is excited about our 2.0 product line.

Now for the fun stuff...

How to get your download:
Once you get an email saying your style is updated you can download the update from https://pixelexit.com/products/license. Here you're able to renew as well (you need an active license to get the 2.0 versions).

How to install:
Check out our simple guide here: https://pixelexit.com/manual/xb2.html#installation
We've eliminated the import XenBase step from XF1 to avoid further confusion, but you STILL NEED TO MAKE A CHILD STYLE WHERE YOU PUT ALL OF EDITS.

Upgrading :
There is no way to convert your style edits, everything needs to be re-coded from scratch. Nothing from XF1 can be used on XF2, styles & add-ons included.

Where to change things:
All of our properties fall in line with the default style property groups for the most part. If you want to change something in the header, you'll go to Style Properties -> Header and Navigation. If you want to change something on the node/forum list, you'll go to Style Properties -> Node/forum list etc...

Additionally please use the XenForo search in the top right as it can help a ton, for instance, if you wanted to change the logo but don't know where to look, try typing in "logo" in the search:

Screenshot_1.png

Here you can see Logo URL which would be ideal to set your logo path. Or you can also spot logo type/logo text which would be an easy indicator of how to approach a text-based logo.

We'll work on our manual to help out but the biggest thing about our styles is just going to the group of the section you want to change or use the search. Additionally, if you get stuck please do not hesitate to post in the official XenForo RM thread for that resource or the customer area here.

Are the features the exact same as XF1:
We did our best to have a matching feature set with some things in mind. Not every single option made it over, in fact, a lot of regular CSS style properties didn't as we wanted it to be as clean as possible and easy to navigate. XF2 approaches things different in the sense that a lot of the CSS carries over to various objects throughout the forum so we didn't have to recreate a lot of our old properties. Of course, XB will be an ongoing project where we'll strive to improve and update it with your suggestions in mind.

Are these styles perfect:
Absolutely not! Please keep in mind this is a larger launch of multiple styles on a brand new platform essentially, there will be bugs but we'll do our best to get them knocked out quickly.

My style isn't being converted over:
If you own an active license for:
  • Adara
  • Archon
  • Gamer Time
  • Frag Zone
  • Legendary
  • Detour
  • Zipped
  • Adara
  • Splash
  • Modest
You can submit a ticket to get a 50% coupon off one of the styles that did get converted. This does not apply to Omni or new 2.0 style launches.
Additionally, we may revisit this list depending on demand to convert them over.

Thank you again everyone... keep an eye on the inboxes today!

Just picked up Omni!!! Now to figure out how to make custom themes within it.

I have a PDF I'm including in the next release which are some simple instructions but essentially:

Style Properties -> Omni Properties.

These dropdowns can dramatically change the entire style :D.

If you want to offer multiple styles, just create child styles and set new color schemes.

You mean Legendary?

No, Flat Awesome + 2.0.1, I have Flat Awesome + 1.5.15 installation on XF1 but Its can not use after updated XF2. So do we need delete Flat Awesome + 1.5.15 then install Flat Awesome + 2.0.1? Can be overriding with new XML without deleting old style?

Howdy hi @Carlos & @Ruby
di-CEGZ.gif

Hope ya'll are doing well!!! And thanks for the reply @Steve.
I absolutely adore the Adara theme. It suits my needs to really perfection. It's such a bland theme that it allows for a myriad of customization options when paired with the fabulous XenBase framework. So yeah... Kinda hoping it will be ported to the XF2 series.
And again = Kudos on the new site design. It is absolutely gorgeous! So easy on the eyes!

Cheers you guys.

J.

Pre-Sale Questions

If you have any questions or concerns you want to ask before you make a purchase don't hesitate to use one of our multiple support channels for your convenience.

Back