Russ

Pixel Exit Staff
This is just a quick heads up for those of you who are using the Advanced Footer setup. The more I progressed on the footer and other layouts something just kind of clicked in my head where it simply wasn't all that user friendly. Layouts were pretty set in stone to an extent with the ability to do some minor customizations.

If you're upgrading to 1.4.4 please as always make copies of your XenBase / Pre Made Style/ Your style.
For this upgrade if you use the footer you may want to copy the contents of your paragraphs/lists found inside Style Properties -> [XB] Footer so you can easily re-apply

Basically going forward as of 1.4.4 there will no longer be different layouts. We've set this up to where our footer can utilize a maximum of 4 blocks currently. You can set the width for each column then fill in the content you want.

Screenshot_4.png

So in the above setup it will show 4 blocks, all at 25% width. If you wanted to only show 3 blocks you could simply switch Block 4 Width to a value of 0, then adjust Block 1 Width to a value of 50%, or you could adjust them all to 33%(ideally the total values here should add up to 100 or as close to as possible) or do other options as well

Here are some examples
3iEQtlT.png

3TrsPeS.png

n10HOPM.png

Screenshot_5.png

There's a ton of possibilities easily at your fingertips now :). I should note the above images are simply on the framework itself, each style will have the colors adjusted already set for you.

Shortly after the 1.4.4 release coming I'll be creating a Resource along with our others found here: https://pixelexit.com/resources/

With an in-depth guide and some code examples. Thank you all!

Thanks guys :)

Last thing about the footers too, style properties are limited to where you can't use certain XenForo functions in them, like hooks and template includes. So for each block we've included a template where you can edit it(it'll be blank by default) to customize a block even further.

By adding a hook to it(and some minor css fixes):
Code:
<xen:hook name="footerHook2" />

You can use the widget framework to display widgets down there, or include the social icons. This screenshot shows both:

Screenshot_6.png

Last edited:
@Russ seems like I am struggling a bit with this new footer setup. So I probably had some customized footer from the custom style you guys did. However I transformed what I could and then tried to enable the social icons. However thats where I am stumped.

I have it enabled in Social Links under XB General Setup - and also marked as enable advanced footer in XB Footer.
The new social icons shows at top header and footer (below the trademarks) but not in the advanced footer it self.

Basically I want the social icons to show inside my 4th block in the XB Footer settings. Is that doable? If so, how can I do this sorcery?
Inside the block called "Kontakt oss"

upload_2015-1-24_18-28-36.png

Hey @kaieivindm That setting on [XB] General Setup -> Social Links Enable Advanced Footer Icons is no longer valid. I need to remove it.

Open xb_footer_Block4Helper Remove the <xen:comment> around the social include. Instructions are on the resource page but it's pretty hidden hah.

Social links will show now assuming you have it filled out [XB] Social Links

I think it just dawned on me instead of removing the advanced footer check box I'll change it into a string so you can type 1/2/3/4 (or 0) to disable it).

Hey @kaieivindm That setting on [XB] General Setup -> Social Links Enable Advanced Footer Icons is no longer valid. I need to remove it.

Open xb_footer_Block4Helper Remove the <xen:comment> around the social include. Instructions are on the resource page but it's pretty hidden hah.

Social links will show now assuming you have it filled out [XB] Social Links

I think it just dawned on me instead of removing the advanced footer check box I'll change it into a string so you can type 1/2/3/4 (or 0) to disable it).

Yeah sorry if I missed that, but did ready through that guide quite a few times.
However to ease my OCD; how do I alignt left on the social icons? So it looks the same as the other blocks?

upload_2015-1-24_20-20-20.png

Pre-Sale Questions

If you have any questions or concerns you want to ask before you make a purchase don't hesitate to use one of our multiple support channels for your convenience.

Back