Russ

Pixel Exit Staff
Last little bit I'll drop here for the 1.4.4 changes before going dark to roll out the updates :).

With the update you'll be able to toggle on a two new message options.

Horizontal will now be built official into the framework and supported(Gamer Time and Archon are being moved this one)
postbit1.png

And you can also toggle on a layout which mimics our postbit here on pixelexit.
postbit2.png

Thank you everyone for your support, stay tuned for the updates. Email notifications will be sent out.

Last little bit I'll drop here for the 1.4.4 changes before going dark to roll out the updates :).

With the update you'll be able to toggle on a two new message options.

Horizontal will now be built official into the framework and supported(Gamer Time and Archon are being moved this one)
View attachment 1390

And you can also toggle on a layout which mimics our postbit here on pixelexit.View attachment 1391

Thank you everyone for your support, stay tuned for the updates. Email notifications will be sent out.
You just keep adding to the Hype :D

What about custom fields @Russ ? Will they stay as today? Or any templates being changed?

message_user_info did change a little but the custom fields still work fine. We made some changes for the Gamer Cards to show(Steve's add-on) better with the various template changes.

Biggest thing to note regarding the various message layouts now is there's no one trick pony solution for this kind of stuff. Users have different taste in regards to spacing, padding/margins, font sizes widths of the left column ect. We've done our best to make it easy to work with though.

Regarding custom user fields and the font awesome stuff you may need to edit the template where your custom field code is to have an icon(like font awesome).

message_user_info did change a little but the custom fields still work fine. We made some changes for the Gamer Cards to show(Steve's add-on) better with the various template changes.

Biggest thing to note regarding the various message layouts now is there's no one trick pony solution for this kind of stuff. Users have different taste in regards to spacing, padding/margins, font sizes widths of the left column ect. We've done our best to make it easy to work with though.

Regarding custom user fields and the font awesome stuff you may need to edit the template where your custom field code is to have an icon(like font awesome).

Ok - will you or @Steve show how his add-on works with your XenBase 1.4.4? So I/we can have some screenshots to see how it works with the horizontal version? Or will it only be available with usual / regular as is message_user_info? And do we have to remove the tricky pony solutions we added to make it work in the first place? :LOL:

Ok - will you or @Steve show how his add-on works with your XenBase 1.4.4? So I/we can have some screenshots to see how it works with the horizontal version? Or will it only be available with usual / regular as is message_user_info? And do we have to remove the tricky pony solutions we added to make it work in the first place? :LOL:

All the fields will work on all the layouts I'm out grabbing food but when I get back you can check out live with the update haha :) if you need adjustments on it we can help with that

All the fields will work on all the layouts I'm out grabbing food but when I get back you can check out live with the update haha :) if you need adjustments on it we can help with that

Thanks @Russ will most likely update later tonight. Xenforo has already been upgraded with no pain, so assume Xenbase is working flawlessy also! (y)

Can you no longer have the social icons in the advanced footer? They are not in footer after update, though they are still ticked off in the settings:
Style Properties: └ ─ Social Links.

Can you no longer have the social icons in the advanced footer? They are not in footer after update, though they are still ticked off in the settings:
Style Properties: └ ─ Social Links.

I need to remove that property as it no longer works like that anymore thanks for the catch. I wanted more flexibility than having the icons in just one block(the left side) so you can technically have them in any of the 4 blocks now.

Long version check out: https://pixelexit.com/resources/new-footer-setup.14/ the last example you can expand the spoiler to view the instructions.

Depending which block you want it showing up as:

Open the template xb_footer_Block1Helper(1/2/3/4) and simply remove the <xen:comment> in front and the</xen:comment> on the back of the include social icons.

Of course you only need to remove the xen:comment on the block you want to show.

Pre-Sale Questions

If you have any questions or concerns you want to ask before you make a purchase don't hesitate to use one of our multiple support channels for your convenience.

Back