1.5.3 Style Updates & XenBase Improvements

Hello everyone, just to let you know we are in the process of updating the styles in the store. Here is a list of the changes. Most changes were on XenBase only. The improvements and bug fixes trickle down to all styles.

Note* Frag Zone will be the last style updated as it had some fundamental changes to the navigation in XenBase. Just making sure we get the proper things in place before turning it loose.

Before upgrading please make sure to take backups of your styles (XenBase, Purchased Style, and any child styles) before attempting updates. It is recommended to do some test imports so you can see what is affected!

https://pixelexit.com/resources/general-style-upgrading.15/

New to XenBase
  • Added new login form to the sidebar. Works with widget framework with no additional work
    • Style Properties -> [XB] Sidebar -> Enable Sidebar Login Form
  • Added property to move bottom breadcrumb inside MainContent (makes it so it will cut off at the sidebar instead of extending all the way across the content when there is a sidebar active)
    • Style Properties -> Breadcrumb -> Shift Bottom Breadcrumb
  • Added property for BackStretch URL to allow for CDN linking (default it loads from the XenBase folder still)
  • Added a class specific to the category collapsed state to help with category styling
  • Added properties for the Account Menu for easier control of styling
    • Style Properties -> Popup Menus -> Account Menu / Account Menu Links
  • Added class to the search option as a navTab to target specifically the search menu
  • Added template "xb_cat_helper" which you can use to place content below each category bar
  • Added templates for public and visitor tabs, before and after:
    • navigation_public_tab_after
    • navigation_public_tab_before
    • navigation_visitor_tab_after
    • navigation_visitor_tab_before
  • Added option to disable floating navigation at your desired width
    • Style Properties -> [XB] Header and Navigation -> Disable Floating Navigation in Responsive: Enter a value such as: 800px
  • Added "Custom Properties" which can be used for things that you repeat, such as a specific CSS gradient applied in multiple places
    • Style Properties -> [XB] Misc Pages
Improvements / Changes
  • Updated to Font Awesome 4.5.0
  • Sticky Sidebar completely re-coded, works with all floating functions now
  • Re-coded category collapse feature, minimized code being used along with cookie improvements (Thanks @Bionic Rooster and Daniel Hood )
  • Improved CSS for alert bubbles when nav is floating
  • Multiple User Panel improvements: CSS/HTML/new style property options
  • Improved Moderator Bar styling, easily adjust the height now using a single property (Style Properties -> [XB] Header and Navigation -> Moderator Bar CSS)
  • Improvements to the logo and navigation area (css fixes)
  • Improvements to the Quick Search styling CSS
  • Changed QuickSearch position 5, positions for clarification (Style Properties -> [XB] Quick Search)
    • 0 - Disabled
    • 1 - Default
    • 2 - Inside navigation (lets the quicksearch float with the navigation)
    • 3 - Navigation Search Tab
    • 4 - Visitor Tabs left side
    • 5 - Visitor Tabs right side
    • 6 - Top Bar
  • Removed "Add This" style properties. You can use the built in XenForo Add This code or the xb_custom_js_head to add your custom JS code
  • Removed "Moderator Bar Spacing", moderator bar height now controlled on the single default property ([XB] Header and Navigation -> Moderator Bar CSS)

Bugs Squashed
  • Fixed an issue with "Shift Call-to-action button" causing it not to show on certain plugins
  • Fixed an issue with categories not staying collapsed in certain situations
  • Fixed issue with Chris D's New Post Counter in the Off-Canvas options
  • Fixed an issue causing the Off-Canvas Menu to throw some missing popup errors

Templates Updated:
  • PAGE_CONTAINER
  • navigation
  • navigation_visitor_tab
  • xb_guest_nav (removed)
  • xb_offcanvas_menu
  • xb_js_body
  • xb_js_head
  • ad_sidebar_top
  • node_category_level_1
Key Notes:
  • Some styles will need to have some of the Category Collapse properties reverted for new changes to be applied properly.
  • If there's awkward spacing on your moderator bar you need to revert the xb_moderatorBar_CSS property, search for it using the ACP search.
  • Disabled extra text from the Sign Up Now button by default ( Style Properties -> [XB] Sidebar
  • Disabled mobile logo by default ( @imagePath/xenforo/logo_sm.png )

Just to let you know this is now working as it should. (y) Thanks again for the awesome support and update :D

Regarding the collapsing part, you can also now add a nice little effect too :)

Code:
.nodeList .category.xbCollapsed
{
   opacity: 0.5;
   transition: 300ms ease all;
}
.nodeList .category.xbCollapsed:hover
{
   opacity: 1;
   transition: 300ms ease all;
}

It fades out the categories a little when they're collapsed and fades in when you hover them.

Awesome work here @Steve and @Russ. Core theme is looking great, I also run fragzone so I'm eagerly awaiting the last update to move to both at once. (y)

We're looking into the best way to manage the logo on the left side when it's inside the navigation. We had to re-code the navigation due to responsive issues that came up so we're trying out a few things.

OK, I just overwrote the new xml for my style apex dark with the one I exported and the changes are back.

So that's cool. But I have no clue if I am on 1.5.3 or not?

Sorry I have no upload option for screenshots

In my dark style [XB] XenBase and Style Version it reads

XenBase Current Version 1.5.1
Style Version 1.5.0

Pre-Sale Questions

If you have any questions or concerns you want to ask before you make a purchase don't hesitate to use one of our multiple support channels for your convenience.

Back