2.0 Style Expectations

Russ

Pixel Exit Staff
As we wrap up the styles, package and post them I figured a quick little expectations thread would be nice for everyone. Over the course of today and tomorrow, you may notice some small changes on the site, especially on the product pages as we prepare for launching the 2.0 product line.

What styles are coming to 2.0?
  • Core
    • Core Dark will come later
  • Flat Awesome +
    • FA+ Dark will come later
  • Apex
    • Apex Light will not be converted
  • Blackened Pro
  • Edge
  • Fusion Gamer
  • Omni (New 2.0 exclusive style)
What styles are NOT coming to 2.0?
  • Adara
  • Archon
  • Detour
  • Zipped (A child style is included in FA+ which is styled like Zipped)
  • Frag Zone
  • Gamer Time
  • Splash
  • Legendary ( Omni can be used in its place)
Keep in mind, our time was limited so we had to choose which styles to port over to the 2.0 produce line initially, depending on demand and time we may revisit these. I know I do want to do some sort of Archon version in the near future.

Cost of the 2.0 products?

The prices will remain $25 for the foreseeable future. If you have an active license you will get the 2.0 version of your style completely free. If your style isn't being converted and you have an active license, you can submit a ticket to get a 50% coupon code that will work on any of the converted styles (this does not work on exclusive 2.0 styles).

Will my changes from 1.0 be converted to 2.0?

No, nothing from XF1 can be ported over to a 2.0 upgrade/install. All custom work must be redone. We're here to answer questions on where to change things and of course, you can always hire us to make the changes for you.

Installation Process
We're approaching the 2.0 line up slightly different this time around. On the main product line, you will no longer install XenBase as a parent style. Now you just install the purchased style and create a child. We have a new documentation that's being worked on and will post a link along with the style updates. The old help.pixelexit.com has been replaced https://pixelexit.com/manual

Will XF2 styles have the same options?
We did our best to have a matching feature set with some things in mind. Not every single option made it over, in fact, a lot of regular CSS style properties didn't as we wanted it to be as clean as possible and easy to navigate. XF2 approaches things different in the sense that a lot of the CSS carries over to various objects throughout the forum so we didn't have to recreate a lot of our old properties. Of course, XB will be an ongoing project where we'll strive to improve and update it with your suggestions in mind.

When are they being released!?
We're working on the final tidbits to package them up and post the updates, it's a lot of work so we thank you for your patience! You'll receive an email as we roll out the updates.

If you have additional questions please do let us know!

Last edited:
As we wrap up the styles, package and post them I figured a quick little expectations thread would be nice for everyone. Over the course of today and tomorrow, you may notice some small changes on the site, especially on the product pages as we prepare for launching the 2.0 product line.
Okay, then! It's juuuuuuuuuuusssssssssst around the corner! :)
What styles are coming to 2.0?
  • Core
    • Core Dark will come later
  • Flat Awesome +
    • FA+ Dark will come later
  • Apex
    • Apex Light will not be converted
  • Blackened Pro
  • Edge
  • Fusion Gamer
  • Omni (New 2.0 exclusive style)
What styles are NOT coming to 2.0?
  • Adara
  • Archon
  • Detour
  • Zipped (A child style is included in FA+ which is styled like Zipped)
  • Frag Zone
  • Gamer Time
  • Splash
  • Legendary ( Omni can be used in its place)
Having a hard time choosing between FusionGamer or Omni! Core's still in the plans for two of my sites. Trying to decide where to put Apex, though.
The prices will remain $25 for the foreseeable future. If you have an active license you will get the 2.0 version of your style completely free. If your style isn't being converted and you have an active license, you can submit a ticket to get a 50% coupon code that will work on any of the converted styles (this does not work on exclusive 2.0 styles).
Awesome! :)
Will my changes from 1.0 be converted to 2.0?
No, nothing from XF1 can be ported over to a 2.0 upgrade/install. All custom work must be redone. We're here to answer questions on where to change things and of course, you can always hire us to make the changes for you.
I made the right call on starting with 2.0 than this.
Installation Process
We're approaching the 2.0 line up slightly different this time around. On the main product line, you will no longer install XenBase as a parent style. Now you just install the purchased style and create a child. We have a new documentation that's being worked on and will post a link along with the style updates. The old help.pixelexit.com has been replaced https://pixelexit.com/manual
Awesome. Nice to see a step being eliminated. It was pretty cumbersome having to install the xenBase then the skin. Soo, great job there.

However, I has a question! All styles are 2.0.1, correct? Or will you just wait for the update tomorrow? It's been past two weeks since 2.0.1 has been released... Sooo...

Okay, then! It's juuuuuuuuuuusssssssssst around the corner! :)

Having a hard time choosing between FusionGamer or Omni! Core's still in the plans for two of my sites. Trying to decide where to put Apex, though.

Awesome! :)

I made the right call on starting with 2.0 than this.

Awesome. Nice to see a step being eliminated. It was pretty cumbersome having to install the xenBase then the skin. Soo, great job there.

However, I has a question! All styles are 2.0.1, correct? Or will you just wait for the update tomorrow? It's been past two weeks since 2.0.1 has been released... Sooo...

We never release on a Monday, in fact, I don't see why any style developer would unless it's an emergency :D. We've waited this long we can wait another day. Although with the number of bug reports outstanding I'm not sure we'll see a patch tomorrow.

We never release on a Monday, in fact, I don't see why any style developer would unless it's an emergency :D. We've waited this long we can wait another day. Although with the number of bug reports outstanding I'm not sure we'll see a patch tomorrow.
I didn't say nothin' about .....moooooooooonnnnday. :p
Can I buy FlatAwesome now then? And then tomorrow I just download the XF2 version for free? Or is there any reason to wait?
You're better off waiting and buying the XF2 version. Otherwise you'll just be in the queue waiting for the coupon code, like the rest of us.

You lost me, coupon code? I assumed the XF2 license would be added to my download area automatically.
Yes, but it was my assumption you wanted something else, like Zipper...
In other words, if you buy FA+ and your intention was to get something like Zipper or another skin... that means you'll be on a queue. But otherwise, if you're a new FA+ customer, by all means, buy it.

I'm not doing anything, yet just to be on the safe side. Fusion Gamer is available now, but I'm going to wait.

Last edited:
Can I buy FlatAwesome now then? And then tomorrow I just download the XF2 version for free? Or is there any reason to wait?
One reason to wait is to not waste time on your license duration.

If it's released tomorrow, you've lost a day. Not a huge deal, but still.

If something happens and they're released Wednesday, you've lost 2 days of your license.

Nothing life changing, but something to consider. If the boys release an update to your style a year from now, 1 day after yours expires.... Well... :p

For styles we're converting to 2.0, as long as you have an active license it will show up in the license area where your existing downloads are like so:

Screenshot_4.png

We're following the same method as XenForo when it comes to the version numbering and email releases. It will be your responsibility to download the correct version for your XenForo.

One reason to wait is to not waste time on your license duration.

If it's released tomorrow, you've lost a day. Not a huge deal, but still.

If something happens and they're released Wednesday, you've lost 2 days of your license.

Nothing life changing, but something to consider. If the boys release an update to your style a year from now, 1 day after yours expires.... Well... :p
I couldn't have said it better. There's this, too.

So, like I said before: Wait.

Any ETA on the "CUSTOM PAGE ASSETS" feature? (for Omni in this case)

No ETA but it's coming, essentially they'll be assets you can use to build custom pages for. Pre-made title styles, buttons grids ect. A lot of wordpress themes ship out like this to where you can copy the HTML and start changing the text. Right now the focus is:

1. Dark styles almost done
  2. XB update when 2.0.3 pushes out
  3. Custom page assets
  4. New style

At least that's my internal goal :D

No ETA but it's coming, essentially they'll be assets you can use to build custom pages for. Pre-made title styles, buttons grids ect. A lot of wordpress themes ship out like this to where you can copy the HTML and start changing the text. Right now the focus is:

3. Custom page assets
  4. New style

Ummmmmm new style? Go on tell us more about it. :rolleyes:

3. Custom page assets
  4. New style

Is 2.0.3 close? Since you are doing that before custom pages.

Is 2.0.3 close? Since you are doing that before custom pages.

We're expecting 2.0.3 to be released here shortly from XenForo side of things. Nevertheless, we're pushing out a patch this week no matter what.

Pre-Sale Questions

If you have any questions or concerns you want to ask before you make a purchase don't hesitate to use one of our multiple support channels for your convenience.

Back