2.0 Style Expectations

I noticed that the "Modest" style is absent from the list of styles not coming to Xenforo 2.

Is there still a chance that Modest will become a X2 style?

I noticed that the "Modest" style is absent from the list of styles not coming to Xenforo 2.

Is there still a chance that Modest will become a X2 style?

It's not officially coming to 2.x as a product, however, it'll be in the next version of Core as a child style:

modest.png

Similar to how we include Zipped inside of Flat Awesome +

Last time I gave a preview of a style it didn't release for like a year, so I've learned my lesson :).

I'm excited about how this is coming out, I'm just being really picky.

No ETA but it's coming, essentially they'll be assets you can use to build custom pages for. Pre-made title styles, buttons grids ect. A lot of wordpress themes ship out like this to where you can copy the HTML and start changing the text. Right now the focus is:

1. Dark styles almost done
  2. XB update when 2.0.3 pushes out
  3. Custom page assets
  4. New style

At least that's my internal goal :D

Custom page assets waiting room: Me. :LOL:

Now that you've seen some of the new things in 2.1 @Russ do you have ideas for your future style plans?

Now that Nova is out my main focus is to push out more styles while still improving on the framework. Currently we only technically have 2 new products in our XF2 line-up while the rest are ports from XF1 so that needs to change. I'm close to showcasing another style that's getting ready for release, it's geared more towards gamers on that one though. If anyone has ideas for new styles they'd like to see feel free to suggest them in our suggestions area or reach out to me privately.

I also have some ideas in the early development stages that can add some really interesting looks to peoples forums. One of them involves a little more advanced setup with widgets which unfortunately we can't export with styles (they can only be installed via add-ons) so I'm still toying with the idea on how to approach things.

Now that Nova is out my main focus is to push out more styles while still improving on the framework.
Ah yes I meant new things for the framework.

I also have some ideas in the early development stages that can add some really interesting looks to peoples forums. One of them involves a little more advanced setup with widgets which unfortunately we can't export with styles (they can only be installed via add-ons) so I'm still toying with the idea on how to approach things.

Very cool, once 2.1 is out I'll request custom, so I am interested in new possibilities.

Both? :p

e.g. FA5, circular avatars, etc

So we have an update just about ready to go which includes primarily bug fixes, it'll be launched with 2.0.11, Chris referenced them getting out 2.0.11 here: https://xenforo.com/community/threa...itespace-between-smilies.144664/#post-1293308

I don't plan on adding any of our new features to the 2..1 release of the styles so I can strictly focus on getting them all up-to-date with 2.1. So yes, all of our styles will get patched quickly for 2.1 that will include all the new official XF 2.1 stuff.

Hope that makes sense, let me know if it's not clear :D.

I’ll be digging in this morning :)

I’d recommend to anyone DO NOT upgrade your live forum until my updates are ready. I know everyone is excited to get on 2.1 but it will break your style at the moment, heck may even break some of your addons if you’re running any content ratings.

2.1 beta is the perfect time to test things out on a test board if you have one, if you don’t now is the perfect time to set one up.

Pre-Sale Questions

If you have any questions or concerns you want to ask before you make a purchase don't hesitate to use one of our multiple support channels for your convenience.

Back