Style updates 2.2.6 Style Updates

Hello everyone, we're pushing our 2.2.6 updates out today. Once you receive the email, you'll be able to download it immediately with an active license via your purchase area.

This update simply fixes a few minor bugs and addresses the two outdated templates that are appearing on the latest version of XF (2.2.6).

Templates changed:
message_macros (XF updates)
node_list_category (PE updates)
post_macros (XF updates)
xb.less (PE updates)

Before Upgrading
As always backup your current styles before importing the new version. Backing up is simply exporting your current styles before upgrading. Check out our documentation on how to back up your style if you have further questions.

Installation and upgrade instructions for XenForo 2 styles
Full details for how to install and upgrade can be in our Documentation.

Run into issues? Please create a ticket and we'll respond to you as quickly as we can.

Found a bug? Let us squash it, submit a bug report.

Changes
  • Optimized a background image (welcome notices) that shipped in the folder with all styles saving a ton of space! Took XenBase archive from 1.2 megs down to 140kb!
  • Changed child div's of the H2 for forum categories into spans for valid HTML
  • Prefix + user banner CSS formatting to avoid LESS compilation issues
  • Adjusted editor styling to inherit more from the style properties and not rely on our CSS
  • Changed CTA to use a contrasted color from the background rather than relying on the normal button color
Style specific changes
  • Bolt
    • Adjusted some of the colors around the style so they're not hard-coded
    • Optimized header image to reduce the archive size
    • Prefix hover style caused a bug
    • Sidebar icons are no longer floating to the right. You can add this to your extra.less if you want the float to come back:
      Code:
      .p-body-sidebar .block .block-minorHeader:before, .p-body-sideNavContent .block .block-minorHeader:before
  • Omni
    • Removed a large unused image from the style folder to reduce the archive size
  • Fusion Gamer
    • Optimized some of the included images to reduce the archive size
  • Edge
    • Removed old notice images that were no longer used to reduce the archive size
  • Nova
    • Optimized some of the included images to reduce the archive size
This may not be exciting to some but I like stuff like this :). I usually optimize any images that get uploaded but the welcome images I added a few updates ago were not.

The very far right column is the file size for the 2.2.6 style archives, 2.2.5 can be found just to the left of it.

nnVcnPO.png

Hey Russ kudos for releasing an update so soon I downloaded and installed but still get outdated template message after upgrade.

Hey Russ kudos for releasing an update so soon I downloaded and installed but still get outdated template message after upgrade.
Which template and which style? Is it on the parent style or your child style?

Pre-Sale Questions

If you have any questions or concerns you want to ask before you make a purchase don't hesitate to use one of our multiple support channels for your convenience.

Back