2.2 Style updates (LESS IS MORE)

Russ

Pixel Exit Staff
Unfortunately, the plugin needs to be updated. You can disable the plugin while you upgrade the style.

This isn't unique to our styles, I tried editing the default XF style with that plugin installed and it would not let you edit PAGE_CONTAINER.

Jaidyn

Customer
Btw, is it no longer possible to create child styles under the main one (eg Omni) and just make edits to the parent style? I've tried parent and sub parent, but end up having to make changes to each 'child' style separately. :shame:

Russ

Pixel Exit Staff
Btw, is it no longer possible to create child styles under the main one (eg Omni) and just make edits to the parent style? I've tried parent and sub parent, but end up having to make changes to each 'child' style separately. :shame:

It's definitely possible. You'll just need to create a main style under Omni, then child styles under that one with only changing the colors.

Make sure you're creating the styles as new styles and not importing the Omni XML as a child. That will cause it to not work.

Jaidyn

Customer
It's definitely possible. You'll just need to create a main style under Omni, then child styles under that one with only changing the colors.

Make sure you're creating the styles as new styles and not importing the Omni XML as a child. That will cause it to not work.

So that was my mistake. Thank you, Russ, for helping me regain some IQ. :shame: :notworthy: :ROFLMAO:

Jaidyn

Customer
With respect to Flat Awesome Plus - I have downloaded the updated style and imported it as per instructions but I don't seem to see the dark version anywhere. (I'm probably missing something obvious, again.) :shame: :angelic:

Russ

Pixel Exit Staff
With respect to Flat Awesome Plus - I have downloaded the updated style and imported it as per instructions but I don't seem to see the dark version anywhere. (I'm probably missing something obvious, again.) :shame: :angelic:
Just a minor inconvenience until the new store for PE is setup. I'm not zipping up bundles of light and dark versions because I want folks to be able to download the zips and install right away (using the new style archive install).

Just submit a ticket and I'll get you squared away!

wrkalot

Customer
Trying to import as a new style on my live site so I can test it and get this error.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-10-04 at 8.11.33 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-04 at 8.11.33 AM.png
    387.4 KB · Views: 10

Jaidyn

Customer
Yeah, what @Davey said. Also, if you have other TH add-ons, I'd disable those, too. I used to have a Covers Add-on that would constantly interfere with almost every update on my site...

Russ

Pixel Exit Staff
I've gone ahead and added a little workaround for the alternate styles until the new store is up. You can now find the dark styles on the license page https://pixelexit.com/products/purchases

Screenshot_8.png

The child styles can be installed directly under your main style. The full versions are intended to be run on their own (for someone who only wants to use the dark style).

Pre-Sale Questions

If you have any questions or concerns you want to ask before you make a purchase don't hesitate to use one of our multiple support channels for your convenience.