T3DTG

Registered
I know this isn't really the place for this but I can't seem to find any help on the xenforo site about it. I want to disable two-step, and for the life of me I cannot find where it is to disable it.

Help me Russ I'm still lost and confused in this new xenforo world! Lmao.

Thanks

Confusion is ok :), but unfortunately you can't disable the two. You can make it so it's not required via user group permissions but it will remain optional for anyone to use it.

Are you being required to use it when you use a device? Or do you literally want it completely gone and not give anyone access to it?

You cannot disable it and even hiding links isn't a good idea. Leave it up to your users to determine if they want to use it or not.
Why isn't it a good idea to hide the link?
Most users are not well informed enough to make a determination like that. I've just re-read all 10 pages on this subject on the XF forum and I for one am not convinced that I am even knowledgeable enough to explain what this is or to help members get out of the "2 step" dance they unwittingly put themselves in. Some more experienced XF owners are having a hard time sorting it all out as they have unwittingly activated this trap and can't get themselves out of having to do the 2 step dance to get into the ACP.
So if by hiding the link I can avoid allowing members to fall into a trap I can't get them out of, I don't see that as a bad thing.

Pre-Sale Questions

If you have any questions or concerns you want to ask before you make a purchase don't hesitate to use one of our multiple support channels for your convenience.

Back