Solari

Greets,

In the template editor for Edge (XF1), I noticed several templates prepended with ad_ (see attached screenshot below). Is this a PixelEdit thing or something by Xenforo?

Either way is there a visual look/template somewhere showing where all these slots are on the user end?

Thanks!
Ray

Attachments

• screenshot.png
    screenshot.png
    169.9 KB · Views: 15
Pixel Exit* :D

The yellow ones are either: custom templates we've added or default ones we've edited.

This is a handy guide: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/visual-list-of-ad-locations.1383/

Our custom ad spots:
ad_header_after This lets you add an image in the source code AFTER the logo, XF has it by default before so in mobile your ad will show above the logo using the default template.

ad_top_content This spans above the entire width, main content + sidebar

ad_message_after This is an ad outside the message container

Perfect! Thanks again for your help.

Ray

P.S. I noticed Edge XF1 seems to look more polished than your XF2 version. I actually prefer the Edge version XF1 look! Is this due to the way XF2 handles styles?

It's a new approach completely with XF2 so it was never meant to copy over the XF1 style completely. That being said each release we're always looking to improve them and if you have any specific suggestions we're all ears.

Makes sense and I figure it will only grow and improve from there since 1.5 has had years of development as it is.

BTW, I went over to Xenforo to write a review of your Edge style but it's not listed over there. Will it be?

Ray

Pre-Sale Questions

If you have any questions or concerns you want to ask before you make a purchase don't hesitate to use one of our multiple support channels for your convenience.

Back