Announce at least an ETA

zastavra

Registered
Don't you guys think that it's time to announce at least an ETA? The reason that we cannot move on to XF2 is because of you and I think we deserve an answer to the question, how long we have to wait for XF2 upgrade on our websites.

I'll quote what Steve mentioned elsewhere:

Sometime between now and 2018, probably closer to the now

We have an official announcement coming soon.

Keep in mind we're actually a small team (Steve and I). We don't have folks to sit around all day answering tickets, providing public support and designing graphics full time. We handle it all and take on what we can. We don't want to get into a scenario where we release a ton of products just to end up not having the ability support them and make excuses. The better quality products we release equals the less technical support we have to provide. We never cared about the being the first ones out with a product. We want to make sure we get the right products out, the first time around.

I thank everyone for their patience.

happy to wait it out , I got the uix2 theme for a play around but is limited in for customisation , so won't be actually moving till I get a xenbase core on my forum..

Looking forward to the Announcement , keep up the great work guys !

:D

core.png

Here's a little sneak peak of the new footer setup. Previously we had you place manual HTML, now you'll be given some basic options for each block:

footer3.png

Each block will contain the same list of widgets allowing you to place whatever content you want on each block. Additionally, you can use the old HTML method or also use our pre-made templates for more advanced stuff. But it can make for some really nice and easy to use footers which will come pre-styled for you automatically.

footer1.png

footer2.png

The sole reason I switched to using Pixel Exit themes was for the quality of the work.

After struggling with another supplier for 2 years, battling bugs and fighting with problematic upgrades, it was a huge relief to find there's a better way.

I'd much rather wait than rush into a messy half-finished upgrade. High quality development takes time.

The sole reason I switched to using Pixel Exit themes was for the quality of the work.

After struggling with another supplier for 2 years, battling bugs and fighting with problematic upgrades, it was a huge relief to find there's a better way.

I'd much rather wait than rush into a messy half-finished upgrade. High quality development takes time.

Thank you, we really do appreciate it. We know we have hiccups but I'm confident in our support in fixing those minor hiccups :D

The reason that we cannot move on to XF2 is because of you and I think we deserve an answer to the question
For reals PE. Don't you know we're the entitled generation? We expect, no we DESERVE to have all our questions answered and PixelExit 2.0 out right.this.second.

/sarcasm

@Russ seriously I think the majority will agree - we'd rather you take your time and release things as they are ready and not a moment sooner. You and @Steve are an awesome team and I'm happy to support you guys. The quality is outstanding, thanks for all you do.

Take your time guys. I just upgraded my forum to 1.5.16 so I'm all good for the time being.

I won't lie though. I am looking forward to being able to upgrade to Xenforo 2.0. I want to revitalise my forum and upgrading to Xenforo 2.0 will be a great time to start doing it.

Also there is an advantage to waiting for Pixel Exit to release their themes. If there are any bugs that slipped through the beta and release candidate stages of Xenforo 2.0 they will be fixed before we upgrade to Xenforo 2.0 meaning less hassle for us in the long run.

This ^

I know we're all very keen to get playing (and bug you to that affect :p), but take as much time as needed to make sure you have a decent product that you're happy to support :)

I'd like to add that we have virtually done all the options we had in XB1 (aside from what is now in core XF, sticky nav being one) but we have done it with far less code and extra templates. For instance, we have not had to write one single line of JS code in XF2 as nearly everything we used previously is built in the core software in some form or another.

Thanks again everyone, the support is much appreciated and keeps us on our toes. ;)

I can not wait until they are done, I am eager to update my Xenforo 2 skin because I am just using a free skin. I kind of wish now I would have wait for you guys to release your skins. But I am like a kid in the candy store I couldn't wait to upgrade lol. :D

Pre-Sale Questions

If you have any questions or concerns you want to ask before you make a purchase don't hesitate to use one of our multiple support channels for your convenience.

Back