RobParker

Registered
Is it possible to make certain XB features user options?

Some of our users love the scroll to top/bottom arrows but others are complaining about them. I don't expect a short-term fix but more long-term is XB capable of having things like that as options on a per-user basis?

In template xb_js_body at the top you will see, only do this after creating the custom field....

Code:
<xen:if is="@xb_scroll_buttons">

Change it to this.

Code:
<xen:if is="@xb_scroll_buttons AND {$visitor.customFields.scroll_buttons.on} = 'on'">

Make your custom field and the id should be "scroll_buttons"

Then the title to show the user and description.

Then check the preferences location for the field. And below that select check boxes.

On the options for choice field tab in the left field is the part used in the template "on" and the right filed is for the user to see "On".

Remove the '!' and change == to !=

Maybe..I haven't tried that way though.

Sorry

I meant the resources here keep telling me that I don't have permission to view them. One minute they're fine and the next they give the "You do not have permission to view the full content of this resource." message again. Currently I can view them ok.

It's really annoying... we're convinced it's a problem with the XenForo upgrade system but no one can replicate it :D. Only happens with core clients =/

If it helps, last night I could access it fine on my iPad but then shortly afterwards not on my PC. Going back to my iPad then stopped working (and it wouldn't work on any other device I tried as well).

This morning it was back to being fine.

If I wanted to do something similar for some other CSS changes can I place it in extra.css? (Will template do dictionary work in there?)

Not sure how I missed this :D, did you get this figured out? Typically conditionals aren't exposed in extra.css so they won't work most of the time.

You could always create a new template and include it in the page_container header with just some basic css:

Code:
<style>
<xen:if is="@blah">.navTabs .navLink { color: #FFF; }</xen:if>
</style>

Just as an example.

Pre-Sale Questions

If you have any questions or concerns you want to ask before you make a purchase don't hesitate to use one of our multiple support channels for your convenience.

Back