I already know I need to modify the Navigation Template in the same manner for my styles and I want to figure out a way to install the Styles so that I don't have to make that change a bunch of times.

Can I install Styles like this:

XenBase (Parent) (Do not Edit)
--XenBase (Parent (Edit - Make Template Mods Here)
----Flat Awesome + (Parent - Do not Edit)
------User Theme Light
----Flat Awesome Dark + (Parent - Do not Edit)
------User Them Dark

I hope this makes sense. I know I don't want to Edit the Parent Themes but if I have some standard Templat Modifications does the above work? Would the modification to the XenBase (Edit) flow down to all the child themes so they would inherit those template changes without having to modify those templates?

This is how I have mine set up sorry it's a tad messy I've been trying to pick the right colors
IMG_0531.PNG

I'd avoid the stress of having that many and just go to a template modification. XF officially says template modifications are for add-on developers but for things where you need to apply the same thing to multiple styles I'd use it myself.

I'm missing something here. Template modifications require just that - a modification to the template. The point of this thread is to figure out a way to avoid making the template mods in every sub-style. If I don't make the mod to the parent then every user-selectable style needs to be modified independently.

I'm missing something here. Template modifications require just that - a modification to the template. The point of this thread is to figure out a way to avoid making the template mods in every sub-style. If I don't make the mod to the parent then every user-selectable style needs to be modified independently.
I'm not talking about modifying each style manually. I'm saying use the built in Template Modification XenForo offers( appearance -> template modification). They say it's for addon developers but we use it. You simply put the template you want to change, place a "find text" and a replace text. I'm on my phone right now but I can show an example when I get back

I think I understand. Does this also help with the links that Addons add to the Navigation links below the Tabs? The main thing I'm trying to do is to control the number of links once I'm in the Forums area. I've got the CTA Featured threads mod installed and the navigation area is way too busy.

I think I understand. Does this also help with the links that Addons add to the Navigation links below the Tabs? The main thing I'm trying to do is to control the number of links once I'm in the Forums area. I've got the CTA Featured threads mod installed and the navigation area is way too busy.

Any links added from add-ons could use various methods to add those links. I know some add-on developers add it via a template modification, so sometimes all you'll need to do is simply disable the template mod in which they add it in.

Here's an example of a very basic modification:

templatemod5.png

It's modifying the navigation template, finding the new post link and replacing it with the same link along with a custom link. The end result would be:

Screenshot_5.png

If you want to get a little fancier you can even create a simple add-on via Admin Panel -> Development -> Create Add-on, you can then assign all your custom template modifications to your own little "add-on". This would allow you to export all your custom template modifications to back them up or move them to another board if you need too.

As I mentioned before they advocate this system is for add-on developers but if you want to apply the same edits over to multiple styles I could see this being beneficial.

Pre-Sale Questions

If you have any questions or concerns you want to ask before you make a purchase don't hesitate to use one of our multiple support channels for your convenience.

Back