RobParker

Registered
I've just installed the latest version of Core that's built on XenBase and really loving the customisation options. I just have a few questions.

Core is a child of XenBase now. Should I make my edits in Core or in XenBase? I assume Core..? Is that still correct if I make a child of Core to make my edits in?

e.g.
XenBase
Core (child of XenBase)
My Style (child of Core)

That'd mean when there's a new release that I overwrite both XenBase and Core, right? Is there a correct order to do that in?

I know you said you were working on some documentation but for now I just had a couple of quick queries/comments.

With the membercard CSS, when I tick to enable it, it messes up my membercards. It seems as if the default options when it's enabled aren't correct. Is this a bug or what you'd expect?

Also there seems to be a lot of grey on grey in places, e.g. the Inbox text here. Not sure if that's intentional or not?

Screen Shot 2013-06-29 at 21.36.14.png

I was also wondering, does xenbase include an option for moving the search box? I've had a quick look through but couldn't see anything.

Ideally I'd like to move it up into the blue sub-nav area.

Screen Shot 2013-06-29 at 21.36.34.png

You can do the child style of Core still even under Xenbase if you want. If you plan on doing a lot of customizations it could be much easier for the Core Style when it comes to future upgrades.

As for the grey on grey I'll need to look into it as it's definitely not intentional :D, For that specific one you can do this in extra.css:

Code:
.navTabs .navTab.PopupOpen .navLink {
    color: #000 !important;
}
In regards to the search:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/core-pixelexit-com-paid.47293/page-8#post-570190

If you want it higher like in the blue area just adjust the top: value even more.

Ah, what I posted earlier removed my tabs.

It was meant to be:

XenBase
-----------Core
-----------------My Style

So everything is under XenBase which I think is what you suggested, right?

I spotted that search thing but wasn't sure if it was built into the framework somehow.

Yep everything will be under xenbase, this way if we update xenbase it'll trickle down, or if we update core, it'll trickle down.

If I wanted to add a darkblue version of Core, can I simply make the directory like you have for the other colours and then set it in the Core Properties option? Or will that option only take the colours you've already created?

Edit: I just saw the answer in the FAQ, thanks :)

If I wanted to add a darkblue version of Core, can I simply make the directory like you have for the other colours and then set it in the Core Properties option? Or will that option only take the colours you've already created?

Edit: I just saw the answer in the FAQ, thanks :)

I pinned the thread so it stands out more too, could of sworn I did before :D

Thanks

Am I correct that subnavbg.png isn't part of the .psd for the colour changes (not sure if I'm doing something wrong)?

Correct it's not part, the coreimages.psd consist of only the actual images with color on them(red/blue/green ect).

Just noticed too I forgot to fix the names :D navbg is actually subnav vice versa.

Cheers

Only bit I'm struggling with at the minute is the footer.

I currently have this

Screen Shot 2013-07-02 at 20.48.26.png

The lighter blue boxes turn into the background colour on mouseover but I want it the other way around. That they start off the background colour but change to the lighter colour on mouseover. I can't seem to find the mouseover colour anywhere so I suspect it maybe just gets rid of any colour when mousing over and defaults to the background?

Final question for tonight.

Is it possible to move the notice container above/outside the pagecontent? The reason I ask is that with a sidebar on some pages and not on others it causes issues when we use images for our notices. Having the notice container above the content would mean it never had a sidebar and was always full width.

This is what I mean:
moved_notices.png

I haven't tested this too much but it appears to work, inside the core's page_container find:

Code:
                        <xen:hook name="page_container_notices">
                        <xen:include template="notices" />                        
                        </xen:hook>

Move it below this part(it's above the notice code)

Code:
<div id="content" class="{$contentTemplate}">
    <div class="pageWidth">

This is how it looks, of course mine has the default search box still in the original place:

Screenshot_4.png

That seems to be working nicely. Now hopefully we can get the notices to be responsive and disappear when below a certain resolution.

Something I just noticed, not sure if this is a bug:

Screen Shot 2013-07-03 at 09.00.39.png

The Post New Thread button seems to be out of line when in a forum.

That'll be easy, xenforo has it setup for the new responsive design to make changes like that easy, something like this would hide it at a small resolution:

Code:
<xen:if is="@enableResponsive">
@media (max-width:@maxResponsiveNarrowWidth)
{
    #Notices
    {
        display: none;
    }
}
</xen:if>

As for the button, that is a bug, here's a fix for extra.css for the time being:

Code:
.breadBoxTop .topCtrl {
    padding: 7px 18px 6px 5px;
}
You may need to add an !important onto it for the time being.

Ah that's much more simple than I expected.

Any idea when you might have Core ready for 1.2? Obviously won't hold you to anything, just wondering if I'm wasting my time making modifications now if you have a 1.2 compatible version ready soon?

Ah that's much more simple than I expected.

Any idea when you might have Core ready for 1.2? Obviously won't hold you to anything, just wondering if I'm wasting my time making modifications now if you have a 1.2 compatible version ready soon?

I have some free time coming up this weekend and with that major bug that stopped upgrading styles is fixed with beta 4 that's promising as well.

So... ideally... my coding binge will update all the styles this weekend.

That sounds great, thanks.

Another question (sorry for bugging you, if you don't have time to reply I'm happy to wait), if I wanted to add an advert in between the logo and my notice container, what's the easiest way to do that? Does it make a difference if its in the header templates or the body templates? Is there an ad_psition for where I want it?

Pre-Sale Questions

If you have any questions or concerns you want to ask before you make a purchase don't hesitate to use one of our multiple support channels for your convenience.

Back