Customizing a Theme or Custom Theme Questions

Clarkey

Customer
Hello! I’ll try to keep this post as small and to the point before fleshing out details later.

I’m working on recreating/re-launching a forum that used to exist but went down over 10 years ago (with the original owners blessing) I definitely don’t want to remake it exactly how it used to be (since forums were certainly not what as they are now 10 years ago). So with that in mind I already have some ideas on branding, colour scheme and style.

All your themes are pretty damn awesome. There are a few I am considering choosing and modifying myself but have a few questions.

1. Would it be possible to purchase the current theme of pixelexit.com (and modify it of course)? Perhaps your gut reaction may be no, but with the right edits and just featuring on one site, could it be possible under your custom skin scheme?

2. Who can I talk to regarding specific advice on editing themes? Ideally I’d just like some advice on the best theme to choose and perhaps a quote on how much it would cost me for them to do these modifications.

3. In the long term I’d love to hire you guys to make a custom skin. Once the community has joined the site I’d be interested in raising the money for this to happen. Could one of your staff please message me how much custom themes tend to cost? (just a ball park figure)

Thanks for answering my questions – and apologies if I come across as rude at all. Just trying to make this post quickly in my lunch break. Thanks again for any help you can offer.

Chris

Hey Chris,

1.) Currently our main style on our site isn't for sale, even if it's a customized version of it.

2.) You can feel free to ask us any questions you have via a support ticket if you'd like. Or the xenforo community is also really helpful for general questions.

3.) Prices completely vary depending on what you're looking for, if you want to start a support ticket or fill this out: https://pixelexit.com/link-forums/request-custom-work.65/ with some details we can get you a quote.

Not rude at all :)

Hi Russ, cheers for the quick reply. Dropped an application your way and looking forward to hearing your initial thoughts. Thanks again!

Pre-Sale Questions

If you have any questions or concerns you want to ask before you make a purchase don't hesitate to use one of our multiple support channels for your convenience.

Back