Design mode (discussion thread)

Russ

Pixel Exit Staff
Design mode is a brand new feature introduced in 2.0.4 which gives you the ability to view style properties and options for certain elements on the front end. These only show for admins and only if the property is checked.

design_mode.gif

To enable it:

Screenshot_7.png

Screenshot_8.png

Most tooltips look similar to this:

Screenshot_2.png

The style property links directly to the property that controls that element. We also include most of the options in that area as well. The additional bit is misc useful information.

I might be missing the obvious but how do I use this? I enabled the option as above but don't have any new tooltips or anything.

Make sure you upload the qtip folder to your folder. Then you can enable it: Style Properties -> [XB] XenBase Framework

Yes it does! Some updates are coming to it with a couple of corrections and additions but it's working right now just great.
Well I looked all through the packet, didn't see any qtip folder, have no idea where to find that.

And Russ, really, you gotta incorporate this. "Back To Top" arrow in every post... Simple template edit and indispensable.

Pre-Sale Questions

If you have any questions or concerns you want to ask before you make a purchase don't hesitate to use one of our multiple support channels for your convenience.

Back