chojo

Registered
Hi @Russ ,
I have three question about the Welcome notice.
1) Can this notice be present for all the members, not only the guest?
2) Can I set this notice to be present on certain area of my forum only? (ie. On CTA Portal page or forum index)
3) Can the background picture of the notice rotate? I would like to have 5-6 different background image that rotate, how can I achieve that?

Thank you sir

1.) Yes, you can technically modify: edge_notice

Find:
Code:
<xen:if is="!{$visitor.user_id} AND @edge_welcome">
Replace with:

Code:
<xen:if is="@edge_welcome">

Additionally helpful conditionals: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/conditional-statements.1604/

This will show the notice for everyone assuming it's enabled.

2.) You can change the conditional to a contenttemplate check
Code:
<xen:if is="{$contentTemplate} == 'xyz'">

Or an array for multiple templates:

Code:
<xen:if is="in_array({$contentTemplate}, array('forum_list', 'forum_view', 'z'))">

The template name normally refers to the template itself, you can find the class by inspecting the page, it's attached to the id="content, like this thread is:

Screenshot_15.png

3.) It's shipped out with rotating images via the backstretch script. Style Properties -> [XB] General Setup, you can change all of your images there.

HI @Russ
I noticed that when I'm not logged in and i'm on the Forum list view, I should not see any notice at all, thats what I want to, but there is a non-customized notice that appear for a reason that I don't get? This strange notice don't show up on my portal page, only on the forum list view.

Do you know why? My Edge is now live, so you can actually see the problem live on http://hockeyvirtuel.ca/forums/

There is my edge_notice template:
Code:
<xen:if is="{$contentTemplate} == 'cta_featuredthreads_featured'">
<xen:require css="edge_notice.css" />

<div class="xbNoticeWrapper<xen:if is="!@xb_widen"> pageWidth</xen:if>">
    <div class="xbNoticeInner">
        <div class="xbNoticeHelper">
            <div class="xbNoticeContent">
                <h2>@edge_welcome_title</h2>
                <h6>@edge_welcome_description</h6>       
                <a class="button" href="{xen:link 'register'}">Rejoignez la communauté</a>
            </div>
        </div>
    </div>
</div>
</xen:if>

What exactly are you seeing at the moment? I see the edge notice on the home page but not the forums just like your conditional is set.

Well.. I though when closing an incognito windows would clean the cookie/cache, guess not. It was a cache problem because I don't see the problem anymore.

Feel bad for wasting your time, sorry.

Pre-Sale Questions

If you have any questions or concerns you want to ask before you make a purchase don't hesitate to use one of our multiple support channels for your convenience.

Back