ViciousGnome

Registered
Hello, and please excuse my lack of programming skill. I am a relative XenForo newbie. I just purchased the Modest Style, and I LOVE IT! I simply can not figure out how to edit the content of the footer. Specifically:

How can I edit the ABOUT US, SITE FUNCTIONS, USEFUL LINKS, and SUPPORT THE SITE content?

Again, please let me apologize for my lack of knowledge, and if you can help me, please, presume I know NOTHING. Please give specific instructions. Thank you.

Appreciate the purchase Lou, and no worries :).

Go to Appearance -> Style Properties -> [XB] Footer

There's 4 blocks there I have prefilled in for you, you can edit them how you'd like.

If you expand the boxes too it makes a little more sense.

If I may ask another question.

If I want to change the Text and Add a link in the following code, how do I? I am smart enough to know that I simply change CUSTOM LINK to WHATEVER I WANT, but when I tried to add the url for the link replacing the # between the " " with the url I wanted the link to go to, it brought me back to my main page, not to the url I inserted.

Thanks. :)

Code:
<h3><i class="fa fa-share"></i> Site Functions</h3>
<ul class="footerList">
<li><a href="#"><i class="fa fa-dot-circle-o"></i> Custom Link 1</a></li>
</ul>

Sure...

<h3><i class="fa fa-bars"></i> Useful Links</h3>
<ul class="footerList">
<li><a href="#"><i class="fa fa-dot-circle-o"></i> Prager University</a></li>
<li><a href="http://www.prageruniversity.com/"><i class="fa fa-dot-circle-o"></i> Custom Link 1</a></li>
</ul>

DOH! :dead:

Thanks again Russ! That was my error! What I did the first time was make the edit in the browser. This time I cut the whole block, pasted it into UtlraEdit, made the change, and it works fine. :)

No worries :), and you can also make it go into a new window as well:

Code:
<li><a href="#" target="_blank"><i class="fa fa-dot-circle-o"></i> Prager University</a></li>

The target="_blank" would make it in a new one, let me know if you need anything else.

Pre-Sale Questions

If you have any questions or concerns you want to ask before you make a purchase don't hesitate to use one of our multiple support channels for your convenience.

Back