tylerbr

Customer
Hi. I just purchased the modest style and am having a couple of issues. The theme seemed to install ok, but some of the alignment seems off, and it is missing some images. I added some images to help better explain the issues I am having:

Image one is the header. I know how to add a new logo, so I'm not too worried about that. It just looks like the Forums and Members links are missing the image tabs around them (or the entire nav bar is missing? ), and it just seems right on top of the row of links below it-

307uglg.png

Image two shows the main page; and that the node icons are missing(I think the box was the default icons? )
Is there something I need to do to install icons of my choice, or are there supposed to be default icons there?

2qamfc5.png

Image three shows the "no avatar" avatar is missing. Is that just a simple; go into the default theme, download the no avatar img and then upload it to the correct place in the modest theme?
2e1u39d.png

Just purchased xenforo itself a few days ago, so still trying to learn how things work in general with the software. Please take that into consideration when responding. ;)

Hi. I just purchased the modest style and am having a couple of issues. The theme seemed to install ok, but some of the alignment seems off, and it is missing some images. I added some images to help better explain the issues I am having:

Image one is the header. I know how to add a new logo, so I'm not too worried about that. It just looks like the Forums and Members links are missing the image tabs around them (or the entire nav bar is missing? ), and it just seems right on top of the row of links below it-

307uglg.png

Image two shows the main page; and that the node icons are missing(I think the box was the default icons? )
Is there something I need to do to install icons of my choice, or are there supposed to be default icons there?

2qamfc5.png

Image three shows the "no avatar" avatar is missing. Is that just a simple; go into the default theme, download the no avatar img and then upload it to the correct place in the modest theme?
2e1u39d.png

Just purchased xenforo itself a few days ago, so still trying to learn how things work in general with the software. Please take that into consideration when responding. ;)

Hey @tylerbr welcome to XenForo :)!

Check out this guide for style installation.

https://pixelexit.com/resources/general-style-installation.11/

Long story short... Import XenBase xml FIRST

Next import Modest as a CHILD of XenBase

Finally go to Appearances -> Styles -> Create Style

Create a new style as a child of Modest.

To upload the files.... inside the modest folder you'll find an /upload/ folder, put the contents of that into your XenForo directory.

Let me know!

Thanks Russ. I think I did it right this time. I have the nav bar now, and that is properly separated from "mark forums read", etc line.

I am still obviously doing something wrong though; as the node icons and no avatar images are still missing. I'll go through the link you posted above and see where I may have missed something.

Thanks.

Thanks Russ. I think I did it right this time. I have the nav bar now, and that is properly separated from "mark forums read", etc line.

I am still obviously doing something wrong though; as the node icons and no avatar images are still missing. I'll go through the link you posted above and see where I may have missed something.

Thanks.

The guide doesn't really touch on that subject too much to be honest. The uploading of the files is usually pretty straight forward. You'll need to simply upload the folders the same way you uploaded your xenforo files.

http://adulthobbyinfo.com/xenforo/upload/styles/xenbase/xenforo/logo.png

This should load the logo on our XenBase style, but the folder isn't uploaded.

Pre-Sale Questions

If you have any questions or concerns you want to ask before you make a purchase don't hesitate to use one of our multiple support channels for your convenience.

Back