fullenchilada

Customer
Hey you guys,

sorry for the double posting but I wasn't able to delete my post in the other forums.
I really love the fusion gamer theme and I can't wait to show it our visitors.

We have already installed it in our test environment to see where improvements need to be made. The first (and probably the only) thing that we noticed was the way XenPorta gets totally messed up as you can see.

By posting the following bit of code into Extra.css I managed to get rid of most of the mess:
#recentNews .recentNews .subHeading, #recentThreads .sectionHeaders {
border: 0px;
font-size: 14px;
font-family: Georgia, "Times New Roman", serif;
color: #777;
background: #F1F1EC url('styles/flexile/xenforo/gradients/navigation-tab.png') repeat-x top;
padding: 10px 15px;
margin: 0 -15px 15px;
border-bottom: 1px solid #D6D6D6;
border-top-left-radius: 6px;
-webkit-border-top-left-radius: 6px;
-moz-border-radius-topleft: 6px;
-khtml-border-top-left-radius: 6px;
border-top-right-radius: 6px;
-webkit-border-top-right-radius: 6px;
-moz-border-radius-topright: 6px;
-khtml-border-top-right-radius: 6px;
}​
Update: Just posted a new news entry which was a little longer in length just to see how it would play out and again XenPorta messes it all up. I d really like to have the news displayed like on the screenshot below:

xenporta_new.jpg

If you guys could help me out, I d really appreciate it.

Have you tried enabling the xenporta advanced view in the Fusion Gamer Style Properties. It minimizes the output of XenPorta to a cleaner look.

I gave it another shot but XenPorta is just driving me completely nuts and the support that the author of the add-on offers is rather lacking. Now the heading of the first news post is totally wack while the other 3 are normal. I don't get it.

I gave it another shot but XenPorta is just driving me completely nuts and the support that the author of the add-on offers is rather lacking. Now the heading of the first news post is totally wack while the other 3 are normal. I don't get it.

Are you referring to how it cuts off with the ... ?

When I looked at it yesterday the headline was beneath where it used to be. Now it miraculously fixed itself I guess lol. Anyway I m still left with the layout issue. It is the last step before we can actually relaunch the site. If you could help me I d really really appreciate it.

In a nutshell:
- Image needs to be on the left
- News text needs to be on the right (and also stay there; don't want it to wrap around the image when its too long)

I tried to fix the XenForo phrasing:

Dieses Thema im Forum "{forum}" wurde von fullenchilada gestartet, Gestern um 11:45. 0 Kommentare

All I need is the "von" and then the name of the author plus the date and I d like to have the "Comments" (Kommentare) and the "Read More" (Weiterlesen) on the right hand side.

If anybody could help me, I d really appreciate it. This issue is driving me completely nuts.

For your News Text, somehthing like this would work in extra.css:

Code:
.recentNews .leftDate .newsText {
margin-left: 121px;
}

You may need an !important.

For the text at the bottom you'll need to just edit this:

EWRblock_RecentNews

Remove any code you don't want.

As for the images, like I said I'm unsure of the sizing on it, we always had trouble with it. I told you earlier we hard coded depending on where the post from from, but you said you have one category so not sure if that would work for you =/

Ok the margin thingy worked like a charm Russ.

In regard to the EWRblock_RecentNews:

I m a total noob when it comes to php as you can see on our test site. I already tried and got rid of some portions. I just want the

by "Author" plus Date on the left and the "Comments" "Read More" on the right hand side.

Ok the margin thingy worked like a charm Russ.

In regard to the EWRblock_RecentNews:

I m a total noob when it comes to php as you can see on our test site. I already tried and got rid of some portions. I just want the

by "Author" plus Date on the left and the "Comments" "Read More" on the right hand side.

Make a backup or EWRblock_recent news and replace this:

Code:
            <div class="source">
               {xen:phrase discussion_in_x_started_by_y_date_z, 'forum=<a href="{xen:link forums, $news}">{$news.node_title}</a>', 'name=<a href="{xen:link members, $news}" class="username">{$news.username}</a>', 'date=<a href="{xen:link threads, $news}">{xen:datetime $news.post_date, html}</a>'} <span class="comments"><a href="{xen:link threads, $news}">{$news.reply_count} {xen:phrase comments}</a></span>
             </div>

with this:

Code:
            <div class="source">
               {xen:phrase discussion_in_x_started_by_y_date_z, 'forum=<a href="{xen:link forums, $news}">{$news.node_title}</a>', 'name=<a href="{xen:link members, $news}" class="username">{$news.username}</a>', 'date=<a href="{xen:link threads, $news}">{xen:datetime $news.post_date, html}</a>'} <span class="comments"><a href="{xen:link threads, $news}">{$news.reply_count} {xen:phrase comments}</a></span>
             </div>

See how that does.

I also noticed the following bug again:

xenporta_bug.jpg

What if i upload news-pictures that are always the same size. Would need to tell my staff members to do the same. This way XenPorta wouldn't have to resize anything.

What browser is it doing it in? What's the BEARBeiten? It's a bit hard to debug like this haha :D

I think the code u posted is the same :p

I checked it with Firefox. BEARBEITEN means EDIT in German.

It appears I did haha,

I think you'll need to modify this phrase:

discussion_in_x_started_by_y_date_z

Not sure if there's used globally though,

As for the edit thing I usually just remove it, you can edit the thread in the thread itsself.

Open EWR_RecentNews and remove this:

Code:
            <xen:if is="{$visitor.permissions.EWRporta.canPromote}">
               &nbsp; (<a href="{xen:link 'threads/edit', $news}" class="OverlayTrigger">{xen:phrase edit}</a>)
             </xen:if>

Could you PM me a test login by chance so I can try to debug, I tried to register but it failed.

You can click the "Staff" on the right side of my post to start a conversation.

Pre-Sale Questions

If you have any questions or concerns you want to ask before you make a purchase don't hesitate to use one of our multiple support channels for your convenience.

Back