Boone

Are there any reported issues with the iPad with the Core and/or Apex styles?

I have a user who is claiming these issues:

- I keep having to refresh or else the forum just freezes up.

- I can't vote on the polls.

- I'm having log out troubles. It's like the tap screen isn't responding

Those are quite the issues the user is having.

I'm not one to push blame off of the style and I'm open to any debugging I can do, but I can't really see how a style sitting there loaded would freeze on a user unless he refreshes constantly. I'd suggest the user try an alternate browser via the app store to see if it's something specific to his browser.

Is there any know issues with the tablets? Specifically the Apex more so than the Core.

Some issues that two of my users are having (I've informed them to let me know which browser, iOS version etc....)

- Unable to navigate the forum with tablet.
- Once he logged in, all he can do is scroll up and down the pages.
- Can't reply in threads
- Can't use the private messages
- Refresh pages constantly or things just seem to freeze up

Could you enable XenBase as a selectable style for your users and ask that he test that out?

They seem really strange as I mentioned above and I can't see why our styles would cause a page to constantly refresh.

I just mentioned the refreshing as just an example, almost the entire list of issues:

- Once he logged in, all he can do is scroll up and down the pages.
- Can't reply in threads
- Can't use the private messages
- Refresh pages constantly or things just seem to freeze up

Are really serious stuff, we don't modify our styles that crazy to where it could cause those kind of issues, and if it was a bug in our styles I have a feeling we'd know about it by now after years of doing it :D.

I'd honestly assume it's something going on with the users device. See if his experience is better on the default XenBase, or even a default XF style.

Pre-Sale Questions

If you have any questions or concerns you want to ask before you make a purchase don't hesitate to use one of our multiple support channels for your convenience.

Back