Mod Post?

Jadster

Customer
Hello @Russ or @Steve,
I noticed I can add the "Admin Post" feature on my posts and for other admins, but I wanted to ask, can I do the same for Moderators but change theirs from red to green?

If so, how would I go about doing this?

You could with a template edit and a conditional. Are you going to be using the Admin Post indicator as well?

Okay

So open up the message template

Find:
Code:
<xen:if is="{$message.is_admin}">
                            <strong class="newIndicator adminPostIndicator"><span></span><xen:if is="{$message.isNew}">@xb_newAdminPost_phrase<xen:else />@xb_adminPost_phrase</xen:if></strong>
                        </xen:if>

Below it add:
Rich (BB code):
<xen:if is="{$message.is_moderator}">
                            <strong class="newIndicator modPostIndicator {xen:if $message.is_admin, 'adminPostIndicator',''}"><span></span><xen:if is="{$message.isNew}">New Mod Post<xen:else />Mod Post</xen:if></strong>
                        </xen:if>

Change the bits in blue (the phrases) to whatever you want.

Then add this to EXTRA.css
Code:
.XenBase .modPostIndicator.adminPostIndicator {
        display: none;
}
.XenBase .newIndicator.modPostIndicator {
        color: #234a71;
        background: #d7edfc;
        border: 1px solid #a5cae4;
}

It will inherit most of the styling from the other indicators but you will need to adjust it from what I have there.

Let me know how that works :)

I wouldn't suggest showing both Admin/Mod in the same post. If the user is a Mod it will show, if the user is an Admin & Mod (you're most likely set as an Moderator too) it only shows the Admin indicator.

Last edited:

Pre-Sale Questions

If you have any questions or concerns you want to ask before you make a purchase don't hesitate to use one of our multiple support channels for your convenience.

Back