Next XenBase Update (Preview)

Russ

Pixel Exit Staff
Hello everyone :) I like to check in if it has been too long since our last update. We've been working on a nice new update for everything and here's some of the things going into it.

New option to adjust the nav height while floating. Depending on your navigation it may require additional edits but we'll be here to help.
navadjustment.gif

New Off-Canvas Sidebar option
offcanvassidebar.gif

I've completely recoded the social logins to better and consistent styling. One of the best parts about it is the CSS being used for them is extremely minimal so it's far easier to make your own changes on them now.
Screenshot_16.png

They also carry nicely to the sidebar if enabled as well
Screenshot_17.png

Last preview for today is we'll be including a new little avatar setup on all the styles. Going forward we'll be including a PSD with some pre-made avatars which use transparent backgrounds. The PSD comes pre-sliced in organized layers so you can easily adjust the colors:
Screenshot_12.png

Each layer outputs to the correct avatar name
Screenshot_13.png

They'll be saved in a folder as avatar_female_l, avatar_male_l, avatar_l ect...

Screenshot_14.png

The black DELETE ones obviously you can just delete :)

But since it'll use a transparent background we can easily set a background color in Style Properties -> General -> Avatar and it will look nice on any style:
Screenshot_15.png

The plan is to include a few different types of avatars which all the styles will have.

We have some other optimizations and improvements which I'll save for the change-log.

Thank you all!

Xenbase is looking better and better. I regret that my PixelExit style does not support xenbase as I am missing out on all the cool stuff you guys create.

Isn't your style based on XenBase?
Unfortunately not. Russ built a style for me just before xenbase was released. I just missed out on it.
It does mean that my style needs updates that would otherwise be included in xenbase.
I am not complaining though. No one could have predicted it. It's just the way things go.

Last edited:
Just a follow up to this... the avatar PSD is not going into this next update. Needed a bit more time on it... and had an additional idea that pushed it back at the last moment.

One of the custom styles Russ created for me has xenbase. If possible I'd like to update XB. Or is that not a good idea?

Ah that's right I had forgotten about that. I'll add a style to your account. What version is the style at this time?

Style Properties > [XB] XenBase and Style Version.

You may want to start a ticket so it can be looked at, quite a lot has changed in that time..like a LOT lol...We can get you sorted though.

Pre-Sale Questions

If you have any questions or concerns you want to ask before you make a purchase don't hesitate to use one of our multiple support channels for your convenience.

Back