Status
Not open for further replies.

Amin Sabet

Customer
I just installed FA+ and could use some help please.

From the image below,
1) How to remove branding (I did pay for this option)
2) Any way to hide the user name at the top right without removing the "Inbox" and "Alerts" text?
3) How to move up "Contact Us" to the same level as "Help" and "Home"?

one.png

When I make the browser window more narrow, I lose the inbox and alerts:
two.png

When I make it even more narrow, I get back inbox and alerts, but I get some other weirdness (appears to be a conflict with Unread Post Count addon.

three.png

Also, I'd like to have that link to Recent Posts just to the left of Unread Posts show on all pages. Right now I have it showing on the CTA Featured Threads page, but I want it everywhere.

The style is user selectable as "Mu-43 New Default" on my site (https://www.mu-43.com) if you want to take a look. Can PC you with admin login details if that helps.

Once I have these issues worked out, I'd like to buy 5 more unbranded copies of this style. Are there any bulk discounts? Also, any easy way to export the customized style and import it to the other sites?

Thanks!

1.) Style Properties -> [XB] XenBase and Style Version -> check the branding removal option there

2.) Put this in extra.css:

Code:
.visitorTabs .navTab.account .xbVisitorText {
display: none !important;
}

3.) Not exactly sure what's going on with the contact link. Would you be able to set me up a temp account to look at it? It's not doing that out of the box.

Regarding that new post problem with the third party add-on I can take a look as well.

Regarding a discount I could setup a 25% off the entire order for you if you'd like :)

Last edited:
1.) Style Properties -> [XB] XenBase and Style Version -> check the branding removal option there

2.) Put this in extra.css:

Code:
.visitorTabs .navTab.account .xbVisitorText {
display: none !important;
}

3.) Not exactly sure what's going on with the contact link. Would you be able to set me up a temp account to look at it? It's not doing that out of the box.

Regarding that new post problem with the third party add-on I can take a look as well.

Regarding a discount I could setup a 25% off the entire order for you if you'd like :)

Thanks for your help.

Another issue has come up. Sometimes when I click on the logo to go back to the home page, I get this instead:

menui.png

Maybe related to mod_pagespeed filters?

@Russ - in addition to the issue in the post above this one, there is still an issue where the inbox and alert area disappears at certain viewport sizes. Could you please have a look? Making the browser window smaller causes them to disappear, but going even smaller they reappear. Very strange.

@Russ - in addition to the issue in the post above this one, there is still an issue where the inbox and alert area disappears at certain viewport sizes. Could you please have a look? Making the browser window smaller causes them to disappear, but going even smaller they reappear. Very strange.

Both of those issues seem to have ? resolved. Will let you know if they come back. Thanks.

Do you have that JS Defer plugin installed by chance?

With all of those links showing I've disabled the off-canvas navigation on your site for a bit can you see if you can replicate the issue still? Keep in mind you won't see a lot of the text anymore but pay attention to the moderator bar, is the CSS still looking wacky?

Regarding the inbox/alerts... I've narrowed it down to the logo inside the navigation option... I'm looking into a solution for you. Essentially it's still going to show unread alerts/inbox bubbles but it will just combine them. It's acting as if there's no room as XenForo does the same thing in really small resolutions:

Screenshot_1.png

Do you have that JS Defer plugin installed by chance?
With all of those links showing I've disabled the off-canvas navigation on your site for a bit can you see if you can replicate the issue still? Keep in mind you won't see a lot of the text anymore but pay attention to the moderator bar, is the CSS still looking wacky?

I disabled the JS defer. Still have CSS to file addon ([bd] Cache). Cannot replicate the issue anymore. Will let you know if it comes back.

Regarding the inbox/alerts... I've narrowed it down to the logo inside the navigation option... I'm looking into a solution for you. Essentially it's still going to show unread alerts/inbox bubbles but it will just combine them. It's acting as if there's no room as XenForo does the same thing in really small resolutions

As long as they show it's not a big deal, but would be nice to have them separated if you can swing it. Thanks!

@Russ - when someone clicks on a thread title in recent posts, it scrolls down the thread to the first unread post. It used to "jump" to that post. Is there any way to change the scroll to a jump?

With the floating nav enabled the only scrolling that should happen is a slight adjustment to move it UP so it doesn't cover the post.

Are you saying it's scrolling all the way down?

To disable the trophies: Style Properties -> Message Elements -> Uncheck the trophy box there.

With the floating nav enabled the only scrolling that should happen is a slight adjustment to move it UP so it doesn't cover the post.

Are you saying it's scrolling all the way down?

I just replied to this in the support ticket. Please go ahead and close this thread - I prefer to use the support tickets. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pre-Sale Questions

If you have any questions or concerns you want to ask before you make a purchase don't hesitate to use one of our multiple support channels for your convenience.

Back