j0e

Customer
Hello,

I love the overall feel from the Zipped theme; however, I would like to change about the post area. I was wondering if that would be allowed and if you could point me in the direction of the template to do so.

Instead of this:
http://prntscr.com/5ho54l

This:
http://prntscr.com/5ho5p5

I am looking for more separation. Also, where is the styling for the "Admin post" and can I recreate it for my moderators?

Thanks,
Joe

Hello,

I love the overall feel from the Zipped theme; however, I would like to change about the post area. I was wondering if that would be allowed and if you could point me in the direction of the template to do so.

Instead of this:
http://prntscr.com/5ho54l

This:
http://prntscr.com/5ho5p5

I am looking for more separation. Also, where is the styling for the "Admin post" and can I recreate it for my moderators?

Thanks,
Joe

To achieve that screeenshot it's pretty simple.

Style Properties -> Message Layout -> Message Container

Set a background color, and a border(not just the bottom as it's usually like that by default)

Then make sure you set a margin-bottom of like 10px.

For the admin post technically by our initial setup it only works for moderators, you can modify it slightly though...

Open message template, find this:

Code:
    <xen:if is="@xb_adminPostIndicator">
       <xen:if is="{$message.isNew} AND !{$message.is_admin}"><strong class="newIndicator"><span></span>{xen:phrase new}</strong></xen:if>
           <xen:if is="{$message.is_admin} AND {$message.isNew}">
             <strong class="adminPostIndicator"><span></span>New @xb_adminPost_phrase</strong>
           </xen:if>
           <xen:if is="{$message.is_admin} AND !{$message.isNew}">
             <strong class="adminPostIndicator"><span></span>@xb_adminPost_phrase</strong>
     <xen:else />
     <xen:if is="{$message.isNew}"><strong class="newIndicator"><span></span>{xen:phrase new}</strong></xen:if>

Replace it with something like this, haven't entirely tested this but I think it should work...

Code:
    <xen:if is="@xb_adminPostIndicator">
       <xen:if is="{$message.isNew} AND !{$message.is_admin} AND !{$message.is_moderator}"><strong class="newIndicator"><span></span>{xen:phrase new}</strong></xen:if>
       <xen:if is="{$message.isNew} AND !{$message.is_admin} AND {$message.is_moderator}"><strong class="newIndicator"><span></span>Moderator Post</strong></xen:if>
           <xen:if is="{$message.is_admin} AND {$message.isNew}">
             <strong class="adminPostIndicator"><span></span>New @xb_adminPost_phrase</strong>
           <xen:if is="{$message.is_admin} AND !{$message.isNew}">
             <strong class="adminPostIndicator"><span></span>@xb_adminPost_phrase</strong>
     <xen:else />
     <xen:if is="{$message.isNew}"><strong class="newIndicator"><span></span>{xen:phrase new}</strong></xen:if>

Beautiful! Thanks for the response and great help. Best in the business. Now, how would I go about matching the post-bit's style? The "whiter" part that has the username in it.
yI96tix.png

2GiYd05.png

I suppose you could, get get a little messy, how many usergroups are you wanting to target?
Mainly my content moderators. Tried is_contentmoderator but it didn't work. I tried to get creative and use a function like I did to show custom user groups in the notable members tab but that didn't work. {$notablecriteria[user_group_id] = '12'}

Mainly my content moderators. Tried is_contentmoderator but it didn't work. I tried to get creative and use a function like I did to show custom user groups in the notable members tab but that didn't work. {$notablecriteria[user_group_id] = '12'}

I'm limited on my time right now with the holidays, but this conditional would select a specific user group:

Code:
<xen:if is="{xen:helper ismemberof, $message, 12}">

Reactions: j0e

Pre-Sale Questions

If you have any questions or concerns you want to ask before you make a purchase don't hesitate to use one of our multiple support channels for your convenience.

Back