Pixel Exit News Price change, 1.5 Styles EOL and 2.1.1 feature

Hello all! I've been mighty quiet this year but I've been hard at work improving our styles and working on new goodies. First and foremost let's get this out of the way.

Price increase
We launched our first style a little over six years ago, since that time we've never increased the prices of our styles and yet we feel the quality of support and releases vastly improved. After careful consideration, we'll be increasing the style license cost from $25 to $30. The renewal and branding removal price will not be increased, remaining at $20. This change will start 3/15/2019. Existing customers with an active license as of this post can submit a ticket to receive a $5 discount code for any purchases made within the next 2 months. This offer expires 5/15/2019.

1.5 End of Life Schedule
Due to XenForo dropping support for 1.5 in the coming months we feel it's best to follow these dates as well. We will no longer be selling the 1.5 styles as of today. Although you can't purchase any new licenses, you will be able to still download the most recent version up to your license expiration date. We do have a small update coming soon to the 1.5 product package which is just updating an outdated template. For quite some time, our primary focus has been on the 2.x series and strongly urge you into upgrading if you can, it's a great product!

Site changes - removing conversations
To prioritize our support channels we will be removing the conversation ability on our official site. We're always looking for ways to improve our customer service and we feel by having just the specific channels (Customer forum & Tickets) we can focus on you as a customer to our best ability. Just remember, tickets are private while customer forums can be seen by anyone.

New "Forum style"
A big new feature that's shipping with our 2.1.1 updates is a brand new "forum style". Prior to this update, we had the following: Default, Classic and Boxed. All styles will now be shipping with a new mode called "Canvas". This converts the entire forum layout to a canvas-type layout. This is new and there will be kinks to it I'm sure but it can definitely provide an alternate look to everyone's style!
It's a simple option:

That can transfer your setup from something traditional like:

to something like:

This, of course, has zero impact on your forum if you decide not to use it, none of the CSS or HTML will load if you don't enable it.

2,1,1 Style updates
The XenForo 2.1.1 didn't really change much on the templates, with our latest versions you'll see two outdated templates which you can safely ignore until you receive the update. They added label's on buttons and re-ordered the display location of the reactions in a template. Assuming all goes well... all updates will be sent out today, I'll post a new thread with those update details.

Thank you for your continued support.

Excellent updates as usual, @Russ! Few questions, though...?
Price increase
We launched our first style a little over six years ago, since that time we've never increased the prices of our styles and yet we feel the quality of support and releases vastly improved. After careful consideration, we'll be increasing the style license cost from $25 to $30. The renewal and branding removal price will not be increased, remaining at $20. This change will start 3/15/2019. Existing customers with an active license as of this post can submit a ticket to receive a $5 discount code for any purchases made within the next 2 months. This offer expires 5/15/2019.
Today is 3/14/2019. So, I have 2 months to take full advantage of this offer... What if Glossy comes out in May.... What then?
Site changes - removing conversations
To prioritize our support channels we will be removing the conversation ability on our official site. We're always looking for ways to improve our customer service and we feel by having just the specific channels (Customer forum & Tickets) we can focus on you as a customer to our best ability. Just remember, tickets are private while customer forums can be seen by anyone.
In my opinion, this is a bad idea. Sometimes I need to PC you for small, trivial questions, and that's what I use it for... Dunno about others, but that's what I use the PC for. Sometimes I get confused and PC you for ticket-style questions, but on the other hand... ya know... PC is supposed to be designed for trivial questions or questions about the forums.

I was going to include the "Style spotlight" in this news post but we had too much going on in this post as it was, it's not coming out in May :). But to answer your question directly, if you buy something after the May date then yes, it'd be the new pricing.

While I can see where you're coming from about the conversations, by us narrowing the channels of support it'll allow us to focus on those channels way better. Anything you want to mention in private you can do so through a ticket, it's essentially a queue for us to respond to all support/sales issues. On top of that, when I get personal PM's it's tied to me and Steve can't help if he's available because he can't see it.

still looks cheap!

pretty slick!

I was going to include the "Style spotlight" in this news post but we had too much going on in this post as it was, it's not coming out in May :). But to answer your question directly, if you buy something after the May date then yes, it'd be the new pricing.

While I can see where you're coming from about the conversations, by us narrowing the channels of support it'll allow us to focus on those channels way better. Anything you want to mention in private you can do so through a ticket, it's essentially a queue for us to respond to all support/sales issues. On top of that, when I get personal PM's it's tied to me and Steve can't help if he's available because he can't see it.
I see. Okay, so I'll transfer the conversation to ticket from now on.

Oh, and, while Canvas is nice, I wouldn't want it on EVERYTHING, if that makes any sense. Especially not my custom skins.

I see. Okay, so I'll transfer the conversation to ticket from now on.

Oh, and, while Canvas is nice, I wouldn't want it on EVERYTHING, if that makes any sense. Especially not my custom skins.

It's definitely not for everyone that's for sure! It has been requested quite a few times so I decided it'd be a nice option for those who do want to try it.

Good. This is welcome news as I for one do not want to see PixelExit disappear from the Xenforo style scene. Your styles are incredible and even better than that is the support you offer to your customers.

Absolutely love PixelExit and everything that you do. Keep it up for the many years to come.

With all the excellence and dedication you guys put into your products, it's about bloody time you bumped the prices - because they're definitely worth it! I am happy and proud to support Pixel Exit - just wish you'd explain the 'exit' part, it confuses the BLEEP! out of me. :LOL: To me, you'll always be Pixel Awesome. (y):giggle:

New customers don't even realise the value they are getting when they become a customer here. They buy because the skins are awesome, but they never go anywhere else because they come to realise that the support is the best in the business.

You guys are doing everything right - keep it up!

With all the excellence and dedication you guys put into your products, it's about bloody time you bumped the prices - because they're definitely worth it! I am happy and proud to support Pixel Exit - just wish you'd explain the 'exit' part, it confuses the BLEEP! out of me. :LOL: To me, you'll always be Pixel Awesome. (y):giggle:

Think of it, like we're your destination for all things XenForo, like when you're taking an exit on a freeway to get somewhere :).

Pre-Sale Questions

If you have any questions or concerns you want to ask before you make a purchase don't hesitate to use one of our multiple support channels for your convenience.

Back