Product spotlight: Nova

so i was wondering ... when will you need a tester for this product? because im here dying to have it on my forum
No testing phrase, going straight to launch. It’s built on our XenBase framework which is solid as it is :).

Just curious, when having a dark and light theme such as Nova. How will usergroup colours be handled.
Colours that show well on our dark theme would be barely readable in say a white background.
Is there such a conditional for usergroup markup if a certain theme is used?
Just a thought.
So this may come down to using css inside extra.less if there’s a problem. I can always help.
If you’re using the built in banner classes though we have properties on a style level that you can change them.

I'm tempted by getting either Nova or the new gaming skin too! When you release Nova, would you mind giving us a couple of screenshots of the upcoming gaming skin so we can compare? Pretty please? :D

Unfortunately the release is pretty much around the corner, other one will need a bit more time for screenshots.

Nova looks brilliant!! Launching just in time for Halloween, too... :D I can see that theme being easily customizable with just a few clicks to get Holiday appropriate colors. Wheeee!

Just curious, when having a dark and light theme such as Nova. How will usergroup colours be handled.
Colours that show well on our dark theme would be barely readable in say a white background.
Is there such a conditional for usergroup markup if a certain theme is used?
Just a thought.
Any ideas of how to achieve this yet @Russ ?
Bought the theme and raring to go with modding it up a bit :)

Any ideas of how to achieve this yet @Russ ?
Bought the theme and raring to go with modding it up a bit :)

So we have the style properties here to handle user banners:
Screenshot_1.png

For usernames, you'll need to add specific CSS, if you inspect the username you'll find a class:

Screenshot_3.png

So on the dark style, you can use the template "xb_custom_style.less" and add CSS to overwrite it:

Code:
.XenBase .username--style3 {
    color: #CCC;
}

I'm writing a page to document the child styles which will include information about setting up the little light switch. For now, just keep in mind the light switch is simply a switch to toggle between 2 different styles that you set.

Here's how to approach the Nova light switch.

Once your style is installed it should look like this:
nova1.png

"My community" is the child style you created found in step 4 of the install guide.

Next, you'll import the dark version as a child of your style, you'll choose the Dark XML found inside the customchilds folder, DO NOT use the XML found in the xml folder.
nova-child.gif

This is what it should look like when it's done:
nova2.png

Next, you'll need to get the style ID for BOTH the light and dark styles. You can find the style id by looking in the URL when editing the style properties:

admin.php?styles/my-community.2/style-properties
admin.php?styles/my-community.3/style-properties

in this case, my style, my light style id is 2 while my dark style is 3.

Go to Style Properties -> Basic options, you'll find the "Style switch" option. When editing the light style you'll put the dark style ID, then go to the dark style and put the light style ID.

That's it!

Pre-Sale Questions

If you have any questions or concerns you want to ask before you make a purchase don't hesitate to use one of our multiple support channels for your convenience.

Back