Nirjonadda

Customer
Sticky sidebar are not working correctly when more Widgets than node.

ba702df5-6d53-4611-be8a-f893bdcb9cce.png

What exactly is it doing for you? It won't be sticky is the sidebar is longer than the content area for obvious reasons.

Sticky sidebar are not going up when page scrolling to down ? Xenforo default styles and this one same because Sticky sidebar aren't worked. My other style working without any issue.

I'm not understanding still, the sidebar sticks and scrolls with the content. If there's no content to scroll next too as in there's a really short content area no sticky sidebar will happen.

I'm not understanding still, the sidebar sticks and scrolls with the content. If there's no content to scroll next too as in there's a really short content area no sticky sidebar will happen.

Not correct, What the mean by Sticky sidebar? Sticky sidebar will be up/down from page content. Sticky sidebar is smart enough to handle sidebar when it’s taller than the viewport. You don’t have to worry about content, it will scroll the sidebar independently, up and down.

See here: https://giant.gfycat.com/UnhealthyWarmheartedGangesdolphin.webm

Demo: https://abouolia.github.io/sticky-sidebar/examples/scrollable-element.html

That's how our sticky sidebar is designed. We stick from the bottom, I personally don't agree with having to scroll to the very bottom of the page to view the bottom of the sidebar. So... ours sticks once you get to the bottom of it. I don't see us changing that anytime soon.

Then its not Sticky sidebar what you designed because Xenforo default styles working without Sticky sidebar better than your Sticky sidebar supported style. Sticky sidebar should be equal from page scrolling up and down.

I am asked What the mean by Sticky sidebar? All developer style are originally working what does the Sticky sidebar but does not know if your Sticky sidebar design different from other.

Our sticky sidebar option functions the exact same way it did in XF1.

http://leafo.net/sticky-kit/ see:

Scrollable Sticky Element

Sticky elements taller than the viewport can scroll independently up and down, meaning you don’t have to worry about your content being cut off should the sticky element be too tall or the user’s resolution too small.

I really don't recommend a sticky sidebar on ANY site or style if it's huge. You keep referring to other developers and how they do it, well... we do it differently and it has been the same for years.

I don't think you should have to scroll to the bottom of the entire page just to view the last block on the sidebar. I think that's an awful approach and just my personal opinion. You can turn off our sticky sidebar element if you'd like.

There's nothing to stick in your example if the sidebar is longer than the content. If you make the sidebar way shorter, or the content way longer you'll see what our sticky sidebar does. I'll go ahead and update the wording on our property to make this clearer.

the sidebar is longer than the content.

For this Reason need functionality Sticky sidebar. OK how we can make work Sticky sidebar does in all place? If so no we need replacement with other style because Sticky sidebar does his work and does not matter if the sidebar is longer than the content.

What is the point of sticking a sidebar when it’s twice as long as the content? I’m missing what you’re actually after here. Enable the sidebar on a thread view where it’s long, and you’ll see that it works just as I describe .

What is the point of sticking a sidebar when it’s twice as long as the content?

I dunno, why my other style Sticky sidebar working and does not matter if the sidebar is longer than the content.

See here: https://prnt.sc/jctpbs

Your style can development what you're liked to do but Sticky sidebar are not working like that what you are designed. This my personal opinion and most user still agree with me. Go ahead what you're liked to do.

Your other style has a much longer content area, almost by 1200 pixels. Therefore your sidebar has room to stick and be noticeable.

Add this to your extra.less for our style:

Code:
.p-body-pageContent {
    min-height: 7000px;
}

You'll see the effect and how we handle the sticky sidebar.

Lastly if you want to approach it the way your other style does, disable our sticky sidebar and add this to your extra.less:

Code:
@responsiveWidePlus: calc(@xf-responsiveWide + 1);

@media (min-width: @responsiveWidePlus)
{
    .p-body-main.p-body-main--withSidebar
    {
        display: flex;
        align-items: flex-start;
        .p-body-content
        {
            flex: 1 1 auto;
            display: block;
            width: calc(100% - @xf-xbSidebarWidth);
        }
        .p-body-sidebar
        {
            position: sticky;
            top: 60px;
        }
    }
}

However.... again it won't be noticeable because the sidebar is far too long.

Again for the last time... because your sidebar is too long. Your other style has a lot of padding on each forum which increases the main content area. Add this to the extra.less on our style:

.p-body-pageContent {
min-height: 7000px;
}

You'll see it work because the sidebar can actually stick.

On your other style where you claim it works so well, add this to your extra.less:

Code:
.node-body > * {
    padding-top: 3px !important;
    padding-bottom: 3px !important;
}

You'll see... that it won't stick anymore because the sidebar is too long.

Pre-Sale Questions

If you have any questions or concerns you want to ask before you make a purchase don't hesitate to use one of our multiple support channels for your convenience.

Back