Boone

I just purchased Apex. What I would like is the Light and the Dark to be exactly the same (Light as default)

Do I install like this:

XenBase
-- Apex Light
-- My Apex Light
-- My Apex Dark

OR

XenBase
-- Apex Light
-- My Apex Light

XenBase
-- Apex Dark
-- My Apex Dark

Really should be like so, for ease of updating later. May seem like overkill but it is the best way. You can skip adding the Your Style part if you wish and are comfortable with updating templates if need be. The merge tool does pretty well.

XenBase
- Apex Light
--- Your Apex-Light
- Apex Dark
--- Your Apex Dark

I initially made Apex dark then Apex light, not sure my reasoning on separating them other than offering them as individual style for sale. Then I decided to just combine them and haven't gotten around to setting one as a child to the other (would take a redesign I'm sure).

Alright, Steve thanks. Two quick questions/observations.

- Then I just dunk the updates into Apex Light and it'll trickle down to Your Apex-Light. Same for the dark version. Your Apex-Light and Your Apex-Dark are where my edits go. Never touch/edit Apex Light, Apex Dark.

- To edit let's say the message user info and to have both styles a duplicate of each other I have to edit both Your Apex Light and Your Apex Dark.

Yes to all.

I will work on making this more user friendly. But just to mention the Merge tool in XenForo works pretty well, and we're always around to help if you need assistance on an update :)

Pre-Sale Questions

If you have any questions or concerns you want to ask before you make a purchase don't hesitate to use one of our multiple support channels for your convenience.

Back