Support Ticket Question

Hey,

So I was wondering if I could use this in a slightly different way than it was designed for...

I run a strength training community and we offer our members what we call 'Pro Form Checks'. Essentially, a member records themselves performing a lift and then sends it in a PM to one of our Pro Lifters for them to review.

Would it be possible to use this in that way? So user submits a form check (ticket) and it can only be seen by staff members and then replied to from the Pro Lifter. The only people who should see the thread is the lifter themselves and staff.

I think this is how the support ticket addon works, I just want to be sure :)

You can already do that with the existing XenForo node permissions. You set the Admin / Mod team to be able to view all threads, and revoke the permission to view threads by others for everyone else.
upload_2015-9-17_10-52-4.png

That's how I run my own existing support section, which I want to replace with the ticket system.

You can already do that with the existing XenForo node permissions. You set the Admin / Mod team to be able to view all threads, and revoke the permission to view threads by others for everyone else.
View attachment 2577

That's how I run my own existing support section, which I want to replace with the ticket system.
I'd need the member who submitted the thread to be able to view it to, is that how it'd work?

Yeah, so the member who wanted to post the thread for you to review would be the thread starter. You would set the permission on the whole user group, rather than an individual basis.

Yeah, so the member who wanted to post the thread for you to review would be the thread starter. You would set the permission on the whole user group, rather than an individual basis.
That worked - ace! :D

I'd like to be able to put a sticky post which all members could see incase they were wondering why there were no form checks submitted, is that easy to do with the permissions currently set?

That worked - ace! :D

I'd like to be able to put a sticky post which all members could see incase they were wondering why there were no form checks submitted, is that easy to do with the permissions currently set?
I use the notice system, so display a message to all members viewing that section.
upload_2015-9-17_11-25-19.png

Pre-Sale Questions

If you have any questions or concerns you want to ask before you make a purchase don't hesitate to use one of our multiple support channels for your convenience.

Back