abdfahim

Registered
I have made an addon in my localhost installation where I used template modification to replace the following in message_user_info template
Code:
<xen:if is="@messageShowCustomFields AND {$user.customFields}">
            <xen:hook name="message_user_info_custom_fields" params="{xen:array 'user={$user}', 'isQuickReply={$isQuickReply}'}">

<xen:foreach loop="$userFieldsInfo" key="$fieldId" value="$fieldInfo">
                    <xen:if is="{$fieldInfo.viewable_message} AND ({$fieldInfo.display_group} != 'contact' OR {$user.allow_view_identities} == 'everyone' OR ({$user.allow_view_identities} == 'members' AND {$visitor.user_id}))">
                        <xen:if hascontent="true">
                            <dl class="pairsJustified userField_{$fieldId}">
                                <dt>{xen:helper userFieldTitle, $fieldId}:</dt>
                                <dd><xen:contentcheck>{xen:helper userFieldValue, $fieldInfo, $user, {$user.customFields.{$fieldId}}}</xen:contentcheck></dd>
                            </dl>
                        </xen:if>
                </xen:foreach>

</xen:hook>

This works perfectly in my localhost where I use default style. However, it does not work in my website where I use EDGE because the above part is changed as
Code:
            <xen:hook name="message_user_info_custom_fields" params="{xen:array 'user={$user}', 'isQuickReply={$isQuickReply}'}">

<xen:if is="{$fieldInfo.viewable_message} AND ({$fieldInfo.display_group} != 'contact' OR {$user.allow_view_identities} == 'everyone' OR ({$user.allow_view_identities} == 'members' AND {$visitor.user_id}))">
                            <dl class="pairsJustified userField_{$fieldId} xbCustomField">
                                <dt><xen:if is="@xb_fa_messageUserInfo"><i class="fa fa-cog fa-fw Tooltip" title="{xen:helper userFieldTitle, $fieldId}" data-offsetX="-6" data-offsetY="0"></i><xen:else />{xen:helper userFieldTitle, $fieldId}:</xen:if></dt>
                                <dd><xen:contentcheck>{xen:helper userFieldValue, $fieldInfo, $user, {$user.customFields.{$fieldId}}}</xen:contentcheck></dd>
                            </dl>

So, obviously, my template modification does not find the part I am searching for.

What is the solution? Should I just create 2 template modifications - one for default style and one for EDGE? I never made an addon before, so I don't know how to handle such situation.

Ya you can create two it won't do any harm. The XenBase specific one (edge) wouldn't apply to the default style as it wouldn't be able to find the provided code.

Thanks @Ross. When I did that, the modification was not applied to any style.Any idea why?

upload_2017-7-30_9-7-6.png

This is what I tried to find to replace

Code:

<dl class="pairsJustified userField_{$fieldId} xbCustomField">
                                <dt><xen:if is="@xb_fa_messageUserInfo"><i class="fa fa-cog fa-fw Tooltip" title="{xen:helper userFieldTitle, $fieldId}" data-offsetX="-6" data-offsetY="0"></i><xen:else />{xen:helper userFieldTitle, $fieldId}:</xen:if></dt>
                            </dl>

upload_2017-7-30_9-10-29.png

Last edited:

Pre-Sale Questions

If you have any questions or concerns you want to ask before you make a purchase don't hesitate to use one of our multiple support channels for your convenience.

Back